Is this an epulis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

whiskers

Boxer Insane
All right, these are something I have zero experience with. I noticed this on Juno maybe a couple weeks ago? Doesn't seem to have grown at all since then.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y1...0-f372-43d4-954b-6a02ddb9f78f_zps6372c978.jpg

Here's the original without my circling
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y1...2-8c14-41df-b5fa-89b74808b766_zpsf1c80511.jpg

When I first noticed it I honestly couldn't think if that was just how she's always looked lol. But it's not on the other side, so there's that. I DO NOT want to put her under anesthesia, that's why I keep her teeth clean in the first place (although these pictures make them look way scuzzier than they are in real life lol maybe I need to throw some RMBs at her!)

Any thoughts?

Cami

Boxer Insane
Hard to tell from the pics (her teeth look nice BTW), but is it right up against the tooth on the gum line? When Cami had one it was at the gum line right where the tooth came out of the gum line, if that makes sense?

Gatorblu

Boxer Insane
It is hard to tell from the picture. It may also be the shading of the picture, but is it redder then the rest of the gum? If so it may be some sort of infection. If it isn't bothering her, I would dab a cloth soaked in 1/2 water and 1/2 hydrogen peroxide on it a few times a day throughout the weekend and see if that helps.

whiskers

Boxer Insane
Thanks for the input. As far as I can tell (it's a bit difficult to monkey around in her mouth lol) it's a firm growth, sprouted from the gum line and butted up against that tooth.

It's not redder than the rest of the gum but I see what you're talking about in the picture - I think that might be because I had brushed her teeth right before taking the picture, so probably irritated it a bit.

cantfindlog

Completely Boxer Crazy
It looks like it could be an epulis. check out Animal Dentistry and Oral Surgery -. Dr Kressin is one of the few pet dentists in the country. Anyway, he has a great liabrary and pictures of different ailments of the mouth. I know you work at a vet clinic. It might interest you because he serves the Twin Cities and also teaches classes.

Another Bw member just posted about an epulis this week. I think it was Poetic Thing. Check out that post. She used a natural supplement to get rid of it.

Good luck, I hope it resolves on its own.

cantfindlog

Completely Boxer Crazy
Interesting website, thank you! I'll look for that post :)

If you like his site you should check out his FB page. He will often put pictures of interesting surgery or peculiar finds.

I used him when Leah had her epulis and he did a great job. The best vet care I've ever seen. WI is lucky to have him.

Status
Not open for further replies.