1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is my new dog going to eat our 2 cats?

Discussion in 'Other Pets' started by matilda8255, Dec 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eric J

Eric J Boxer Insane

OH YES to that one. Shmi is known to run to safety most of the time, but Sith is ummm, more of a hairball for brains kitten. He runs to a corner and then backs himself in, even bypassing an escape route to a safe place on the way to the corner smashicon

Luckily one good hiss works as well as me telling Jedi to back off. It is much better but in the beginning when Jedi was scarey to the kittens, Sith would corner himself a few times a day.

2. conn

conn Super Boxer

ok, well we have broken down and called a professional trainer in. He will be coming this Sunday to evaluate the situation and teach us some training. I swear he was laughing at me on the phone..it was funny he said, now we are talking about a little Boston Terrier right? kind of like, how on earth is this tiny dog causing you so much trouble...I said, yes he is a Boston Terrier but is 36lbs of muscle and plays very aggressively (and of course is very stubborn but what BT isn't?). For those who do not know, BT's come in 3 weight classes but the cap is 25lbs...(the vet said he is only about 5lbs overweight) hopefully the trainer can give us some advice on how to teach Augie that the kitties are off limits and maybe, just maybe, we have a shot at a peaceful co-existance:D I will let you all know how it goes!

3. bustermom

bustermom Boxer Insane

LOL! Calling in a professional trainer is NOT considered breaking down! It's doing the right thing - bringing in an expert, who has experience and insight into these situations shows how dedicated you are. appicon

And you're right - size of dog doesn't have anything to do with the amount of trouble they can cause...the stories I could tell about my little ones, esp. my chihuahua evilicon ... :LOL:

Good luck!!

And put some pictures of the little dude up when you get a chance! Maggie will be more than willing to give his picture such a lecture! :D

4. ssleighter

ssleighter Completely Boxer Crazy

:eek: Ginger, our boxer lady, only weighs 39!! That's one hefty little BT you got there! I wish you the best of luck with the personal trainer!

5. conn

conn Super Boxer

Thanks SSleighter I will keep everyone posted!! Yes, he is a hefty boy:) partly why we think maybe he has some boxer in him...36lbs of lovin, what more could one want?

6. myrocky

myrocky Boxer Insane

Way cool!! :D :D Let us all know what the pro has to say! I will be interested in the assessment. How cute is your avatar!? Auggie is definitly a heart stealer :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.