1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is kiwi fruit safe for dogs?

Discussion in 'Feeding' started by Biff, May 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Biff

Biff Boxer Insane

I only ask as I read in the newspaper this morning (a reader's letter) that we should never give them kiwi or grapes

Now I know about the grapes and raisins, but Biff does get the occasional bit of kiwi (he's a fruit and veg freak - in fact he'll eat anything you give him!).

I've checked the lists and links in the sticky thread, but don't see kiwi mentioned at all - so is this guy just talking through a hole in his head, I wonder?

2. gmacleod

gmacleod Elusive Moderator Staff Member

I haven't ever heard that specifically about kiwifruit. Like many other fruits, such as apples, the pits are mildly toxic - but the dog would need to consume large quantities for that to be problematic (and who feeds that much?).

I don't find anything online in the usual places either (i.e. animal poison listings).

3. Biff

Biff Boxer Insane

Thanks GMac, I thought they were ok, I just wanted reassurance :)

4. Slobberchops

Slobberchops Boxer Insane

If Kiwi fruit aren't toxic for dogs,the only problem would be your dog eating too much,they would have a laxative effect(all those little black seeds)nonoicon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.