1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is Dixie a purebred or mixed?

Discussion in 'Boxer Anatomy and Physiology' started by lucyana, Oct 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lucyana

lucyana Boxer Pal

No one has questioned this and everyone that meets her says she is clearly a boxer. I got her from some people that could no longer keep her. They got her from their neighbors who owned the dad. The mom lived a few houses down. They told me they were both boxers and very big. Dixie seems so small but from what I am learning, boxers are a medium sized breed. To be honest I did not know much about the breed when I took her otherwise her coloring and longer nose would have stood out to me. So what do u guys think? I'm assuming she was just poorly bred. But id like opinions from the experts as I am not. Pics are in my gallery.

2. srennie

srennie Super Boxer

She looks boxer to me! But you are right, her longer nose indicates she isn't from a line of show dogs....sounds like she came from one of those 'oh you have a male, I have a female, lets breed them and you can have one of the puppies' type of arrangements.

3. SabrinaMN

SabrinaMN Boxer Booster

I wouldn't be surprised if she's not pure. You can do a DNA test for $80 if your really curious. My neighbor did it and it was really cool to see.
    She's adorable either way.

4. Caney Creek

Caney Creek Boxer Insane

She does have a long nose, but she also has the nice black mask that boxers are supposed to have (most often when mixed with other breeds they lose that mask). My guess would be purebred, just not well bred :) But beautiful regardless!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.