Is Autumn to tactile and rambunctious in doggy day care?

rrboxer

Completely Boxer Crazy
Hello fellow Boxer lovers, I was watching my 11 month boxer Autumn on the webcam while she was at day camp, and I have noticed that she is pretty physical and tactile when playing with other dogs. She has lots of energy and when I say physical/tactile she uses her to front legs to grab on to other dogs and she jumps on them. This is rather the type of play I've seen boxers do and they use their front legs alot but I was wondering if I should tell the day care associates to correct her? I remember when she was in puppy class the trainer said don't let her do that with her front legs but yet the trainer did say several times the boxer breed uses their two front legs and they are very tactile with them. I haven't received any complaints from the doggy day care but I was just wondering if I should have them temper her a bit? Not sure if they even know how to do that as the associates look young (20's). Or am I worrying too much? My husband has kinda teased and hinted about getting a 2nd boxer but I sprained and broke my foot and I just don't have the energy to go through and train another boxer puppy. Open to your comments.

Jan

Reasonable Moderator
Staff member
I think it's just the way boxers play. They use their paws a lot. Unless she is bothering the other dogs, I wouldn't be concerned.

rrboxer

Completely Boxer Crazy
I think you are right and so far no one has complained and she is very social just being an exuberant boxer.

garvinsmum

Completely Boxer Crazy
Yes agreed, if no ones complained and the other dogs don't appear bothered then it's likely not bothering them. Probably she's found the other dogs in the group that like to play hard. Miss Fiona was also the most rambunctious puppy in puppy kindy so she mostly played with the other tough nut dogs.