Is Asaragus okay to feed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronin1

Boxer Insane
Is Asparagus okay to feed?

I pretty much know all of the no-no foods (Onions, Raisins, etc) but every time I cut up Asparagus, Ronin really wants it. Just wanted to be sure before I even see if he'll eat it (probably, he loves fruits and veges :) )

Last edited:

Luvnmyboxer

Boxer Insane
I've never tried to give the dogs asparagus so I dont know if it's ok for them or not. Titan is having a devil of a time trying to get to the pineapple in the fridge but I wont let him have it b/c I'm not sure if it's ok or not, so I just tell him it's not.

Cami

Boxer Insane
My girl loves pineapple, although I don't give it in excess because of the acidic content. I haven't offerred asparagus because neither dh or I eat it, but have never heard of it causing any problems.

Ronin1

Boxer Insane
I despise asparagus, but my DH loves it. I've never tried Pineapple though - will have to give that a shot - Thanks! All these healthy foods that I never think of for a dog :) That's what I love about Boxerworld, so many interesting/helpfull things to learn :D

Jan

Reasonable Moderator
Staff member
Asparagas is fine for dogs. I have often put the tough ends in their veggie mush.

Ronin1

Boxer Insane
Thanks much Jan! I just wasn't sure as it seems like it would be kind of 'rough' for him (I just cringe at the smell of it :LOL: ). I'll try it on him the next time I cook it! He'll either love it, or will give me that "look" like
"Are you serious, Mom?".

Poohsmom

Banned
All of mine love asparagus! Pooh wil actually sit and blow bubbles until she gets some :LOL: I'm lucky as there aren't many veggies they don't like,just the other night I made some spinach for supper-everybody just had to have a taste! They all liked it-I was surprised! Dozer is a fanatic for brussel sprouts-I'm not crazy about them but dh loves them and now he has to share with Dozer! They are just like little kids with their likes and dislikes ;)

Sue and the kids,Pooh,Bownser,Dozer & Cissy
Buddy & Dusty,romping at the bridge

CC

Completely Boxer Crazy
I often give the ends of asparagus too. But someone once told me that you're supposed to cook them lightly first before serving to dogs - some sort of enzyme or something that couldn't be used raw. I actually never have, but should I be, perhaps? Anyone else ever hear this?

Anna Begins

Completely Boxer Crazy
CC said:
I often give the ends of asparagus too. But someone once told me that you're supposed to cook them lightly first before serving to dogs - some sort of enzyme or something that couldn't be used raw. I actually never have, but should I be, perhaps? Anyone else ever hear this?
Well then Luka is pretty smart- he likes asparagus, but only cooked! :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.