1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is 90 pounds normal for an adult boxer?

Discussion in 'Boxer Anatomy and Physiology' started by lisathorp, Apr 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ehayes21

ehayes21 Boxer Insane

Nobody said BYB dogs are less adorable than pups from responsible breeders. I am glad Ceaser found a good home and what's done is done. Please don't take offense, I am only trying to educate because I am quite passionate about breeding responsibly. BYB's do such damage to our beloved breed and everytime someone gives them $$$ for a pup they keep the cycle going. They breed un-health tested dogs that pass on genetic defects to their offspring and they breed boxers that don't even look like boxers...it's pretty sad.

Anywho...a little more of what I am talking about.
    http://www.boxerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76541

I'll shut up now. :p

Last edited: Apr 23, 2009
  2. BxrMommieNAZ

BxrMommieNAZ Boxer Insane

BYB's aren't known for producing UGLY or BAD dogs, just genetically poor quality so later in life their risks of cancer, hypothyroidism, hip displasia and other degenerative conditions, arthritis, etc are GREATLY increased.

My boxers minus one have been from a rescue, GREAT dogs, great looking dogs, but both have had SERIOUS medical issues later in life.

3. lisathorp

lisathorp Boxer Buddy

I understand what your saying and I'm not taking offense, I have seen what poor breeding can do to dogs. I have seen it in not only boxers but many other breeds and it is sad. I grew up with boxers, it was the only breed we ever had, my dad used to breed them, it was a wonderful experiance for me growing up getting to be apart of that. I agree 100% that its awful what people are doing with them these days. Ceasar may not of had the best of breeder but that kind of makes it more rewarding for me because I know I'm doing good with him. I know your not being rude toward me when your talking about BYB's. My last post post wasnt rude toward you guys eaither....

4. lisathorp

lisathorp Boxer Buddy

Yes, your right. They do end up with a lot of health risks. Thats why I am going to keep a close eye on Ceasar. I figure if he turns out to have no health issues and lives long then great, but if thats not the case later then we will work threw it the best we can. BYB's breed for all the WRONG reasons, and it is so sad.

5. LILYLARUE

LILYLARUE Boxer Insane

I don't think any of us are blaming anyone here, just merely a discussion to make us think a little more next time we answer an advert or stop by a house with a lawn sign.

When I got Lily, I was niave, uneducated and totally compulsive without any education. All I knew was I wanted that beautiful breed of a boxer and wanted her NOW! Today, I would never have even spent the time going to look at her litter. I would have researched to find the most responsible breeder I could find. Luckily, so far, she has no health issues and is in perfect shape. I may eat those words down the road and pay for my mistakes. Hopefully Lily won't have to either.

Once we have a dog, its inevitable that they also have our hearts. After the fact, no need to feel any guilt, just make up for the mistake with lots of love and devotion to that dog. It's the next dog we should feel guilty for if we don't do the proper preparations to acquire them, from the right breeder with correct and moral practices.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.