1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Introducing Ellie

Discussion in 'Stories' started by ToxicBlink, Aug 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ToxicBlink

ToxicBlink Boxer Pal

My hubby and I were discussing getting a rescuded boxer back last year, but nothing ever came of it, our local boxer rescue centre like to make perfect matches, then i discovered I was pregnant so we left it!
    recently hubby had been going on about getting a dog again, I said with our baby arriving in september we either look into a boxer or nothing at all!
    so he contacted the rescue centre not expecting anything to come of it!
    2 days later the guy called us said, we have the perfect boxer for you, she loves kids, shes 4 yrs old and very very soppy! Jumpin at the chance to meet her, we were told he would bring her to us for an hour see how we got on, then if it went ok we would have a days trial then take it from there, fair enough...
    last night, the guy contacted us and said her current owners have requested they meet you, its under sad circumstances its come about she needs a new home, they are emigrating to cyprus and cant take her.
    So we said fine, this am we went to meet her and her family...they open the front door and this very fat boxer comes running out to greet us!!!!!
    we go in and spend some time talking to them, when the lady said to me, my boys are upstairs shut in the room, as this is heartbreaking for them, it was then I realised it was expected we take her full stop there and then, if we wanted her!
    we took her for a short walk to see how she was, well a waddle (me and her make a right pair!) then we went back and asked a load more questions about her!
    as I said shes big, I am worried about her weight, as her back legs appear to stuggle a bit, Ill add some photos to show what I mean.
    shes been totally babyfied, and is used to the high life! me thinks shes gonna have to go on a small diet!!!
    when we got back from the walk, we chatted some more, then the lady started packing up ellies bits, her OH was welling up and the kids came down to say goodbye, it was soo hard and my hubby and I felt really guilty, but we have swopped details and email addresses and we will keep in touch with them, and we have said they can visit her anytime they wish.
    shes been here about an hour now and she is sooo sopppy and jsut wants hugs all the time, but the size of her makes it difficult!!!

anyway meet Ellie::

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. crowpete

crowpete Boxer Insane

Congrats on your new baby :) Hope all is going well. Keep us updated on her (and you guys :) )

3. SweetCody

SweetCody Boxer Insane

Oh she is such a pretty girl. Her coloring is gorgeous and she has such a sweet face. Congrats on your addition...wishing you many happy years with Ellie. There is another lady on here that has a big boxer boy who is losing weight fabuously. She has cut the amount of food and replaced it with green beans, do a search in the health forum and you should find her posts. Good luck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.