Injured Pup

Status
Not open for further replies.

jen214

Boxer Booster
Well, you are all probably getting sick of me talking about this subject but here goes. One of the liter mates of the pup I am getting was sent to the vet yesterday. He was not eating and when he would try to walk he would take a few steps and fall over. My freind determined that it was his left hind leg that was hurting him. She called the vet and took him in. The vet's office was closing so he took the 4 week old home with him after he took x-rays. The films showed no break. In the middle of the night, the poor pup spiked a fever. The doctor has no idea what may be wrong. He thought for sure it was broken but there is no evidence of any such thing. He said he felt a hematoma, or a bump under the skin, and that it was probably a spider that bit him. The pup is now seperated from the pack and being hand fed until his health is back. Has anyone heard of such thing happening? I mean, I know that it is very likely that it could have been bit from a spider but is there anything else the vet could be over looking?

Status
Not open for further replies.