1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Indestructable balls

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kidzarme, Oct 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gingersmama

Gingersmama Boxer Buddy

Jolly balls are fantastic!

The Jolly Ball is great! It's definitely worth the money. Ginger has chewed the handle up a little bit, but even when she really sinks her teeth into the ball part, it hasn't popped.

2. Chiefsmom

Chiefsmom Boxer Insane

Believe it or not... the one in our house that's stood the test of time and toil would be this soccer ball made of the kong material that we picked up from Pet Co for $6. It's a little bigger than the kong.. but that thing's been kickin' forever through both Chief and Sam (our lab mix) torment. ;)

3. marciafinn

marciafinn Boxer Insane

Mason LOVES balls and pushing them around the yard. The bigger the better for him. I used to buy the large tennis balls the size of a soccer ball which would last a while but I cannot find them anymore. He pops soccer balls in a matter of minutes. He has a jolly ball - loves it.

We also bought the 'push and play ball' which is pretty tough. Although, it is heavy so they can only push it along. Be careful if you kick it. http://www.jbpet.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=518_859_871&products_id=761

We also bought this 'romp and rolls ball' and now he and Penny play with it together. http://www.jbpet.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=518_859_871&products_id=760

I think I have to buy another big ball since Penny has also become a fan in the past few weeks. :)

4. tugger

tugger Super Boxer

The only ball Miss TUG has not destroyed is the Jolly Ball. She has totalled
    killed every ball she has come in contact with and the Jolly Ball is still in one piece.
    She even destroyed softballs. Rips the covers off the ball, then chews on the
    core. She does NOT chew anything else but these balls. They are her arch
    enemy. LOL.
    The jolly ball has been run over, tooth punctured and soaked in water and this thing is still holding up well. It is 2 and half years old!
    Thank you Marcia for a new ball for TUG to try out. If they are TUG proof, they have to be durable!
    Spend the money! Trust me, the Jolly ball is the best buy!

Last edited: Oct 24, 2007
  5. kidzarme

kidzarme Boxer Insane

I knew you guys would be helpful! Thanks so much for sharing your experience. Shae does have a zillion balls, of every kind. She has never really cared much for tennis balls of any kind or size. But everything else.....oh yeah. One of her all time favs is a used soccer ball I got at a thrift shop. It was just slightly deflated and then stayed at that point, never losing any more air than that. It allows her to 'pinch' it between her teeth to pick it up and carry it. It's getting pretty battered now as she leaves it outside in the rain, etc. but it sure has lasted the longest till now. As far as I've seen online, it appears that the 10 inch Jolly ball is the largest. And since it's a little on the heavy side, we probably wouldn't want it much larger! I definitely will try that one! Thanks again guys! K'Beans from Shae and Kirby!

6. BXRBESTFRIND

BXRBESTFRIND Super Boxer

Hate to be the voice of dissent but I must

I bought one for my friends boxer when he was 8mons within and hour he had chewed off the handle and started on the ball part before i had to take it away.

I would recommend it as a supervised toy only unless your pup is not a chewer.

7. Princess3604

Princess3604 Super Boxer

My Pit Bull, Hank, had one. It did not last long. He chewed the handle off and ripped up the whole thing. He LOVED it so much. I wish that they made them tougher! Hank is crazy about balls and none of them have lasted very long with him.

8. Roscoesmommy

Roscoesmommy Completely Boxer Crazy

They have one without a handle, that has a rope through it. That is the one we got Roscoe and he LOVES it and hasnt chewed it. And, believe me, if it can be chewed or eaten, Roscoe will do it. This is the only picture I have of it, which happens to be a video of Roscoe playing with it...

http://s82.photobucket.com/albums/j...and Roscoe/?action=view&current=DSCN03881.flv

9. Princess3604

Princess3604 Super Boxer

Oh wow. I didn't know that they had one's like that! I might have to try that one for Hank and maybe it will stay in one piece for more then a week!! Thanks for telling me about the on with the rope!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.