1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm going to be a grandma!

Discussion in 'The Boxer Ring' started by Kira's Mom, Jul 26, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Boxer Pal

I'm so excited. My son and daughter-in-law are adopting a 5year old male, neutered, brindle boxer. I've been talking to them about getting one, but they didn't want to go through the "puppy stage". I found one on the Boxer Rescue Message Center. We went to meet him yesterday. What a Sweetheart. He was very friendly, came right to us, and didn't even follow his owner when she walk to her car. We are going to pick him up tomorrow afternoon. I'm so glad they decided to take him because I was trying to figure out how I could keep him. I don't have enough room. This will work out great I can spoil him and the grandbabies then send them all home.LOL.

------------------
    Kira-born 2/4/00, female, plain fawn, cropped, docked, and about to be spayed.
    Rocko- big brother to Kira, black lab, adopted at 2 years old, nuetered, born 3/2/95

2. Suzanna828

Suzanna828 Boxer Booster

Congratulations on becoming a grandmother! Just think - you can spoil him all you want, but it's their job to discipline him. [​IMG] Sounds like a good deal to me! My husband and I also wanted to avoid the puppy stage, so we adopted a 3 year old (so we thought, turns out he's 1 1/2). Boxers are always puppies, anyway, but their's will be trained. Perfect!

------------------
    Suzanna - Mom to Jake, 2 year old fawn male, floppy ears, docked tail

3. nanabear

nanabear Banned

You truly have the heart and soul of a grandmother! Spoil them and then send them home! It's the best.
    Time to go shopping! For treats and toys. That is what Grandma's do!

4. Eva

Eva Boxer Booster

AWWWW Please accept my dearest heart-felt congratulations!! How wonderful to be a grandma! You will have to post pictures for us! hehehe [​IMG]

Eva

------------------
    **VERY PROUD MAMA OF**
    Roxy Ember Gitzes - Adopted at 7/99, 1 1/2 years old, female, fawn, natural ears

Kaiser Joe Gitzes - rescued from a shelter 7/00, 6 years old, male, fawn, cropped ears

5. Jennifer(Jenny)Jones

Jennifer(Jenny)Jones Boxer Booster

Good for you!!! My daughter has 2 skin grand-babies for me. I wish she also had the Boxerholic tendencies like me but she never has been a dog person [​IMG] She had a Welsh Corgis but it ran away, and is probably better off!!! I guess I just have to be grandma to 3 feather babies (cockatiels)!!!
    Let us know when "grandma" has brag pictures!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.