1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I found one!!!

Discussion in 'Stories' started by Buster's Mom, Sep 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buster's Mom

Buster's Mom Banned

After losing my Buster August 18th, I thought I would never get over it. The sadness is still overwhelming at times, but I can now sometimes smile when I think of him, unlike the last couple of weeks when all I could do was cry.

I posted a thread recently on this forum asking for advice on getting another Boxer. I received a lot of responses and I thank everyone for their response. It helps greatly to hear from other people who have been in similar situations.

I recently went to a website that I was linked to by another post somewhere on Boxerworld. Boxerworld is such a large website that I don't remember where, but the name of the website was Boxertown.com. I'm sure that you all know what I'm talking about. Lot's of sad stories there.

Anyway, there is a Boxer, third picture down I think, that looks like a twin to my Buster. He is the one looking through the chain link fence. Sadest picture I have ever seen I knew I had to have him when I saw him. There was something in his eyes that seemed to speak to me. I called them this week and found out that the puncture wound they talk about in his chest is healed, can't even see where it was anymore. My concern is they also told me he has mange, along with testing positive with heartworms.

They also indicated there is a sign on his kennel that indicates he's been adopted by Boxer Rescue. I'm wondering if anyone knows how I can get in touch with whoever will receive this dog to see about adoption. I would also need assistance with transport for this poor little boy since he's in South Carolina and I'm in Lakeland. I know that it will be a while until he's ready because of the health issues that will have to be dealt with, but I wanted to submit my name for this sweet boy ahead of time.

Any suggestions?

Karen

2. marciafinn

marciafinn Boxer Insane

Karen I'm not sure which rescue organization handles that area so unfortunately I don't have much advice. I did a search and came up with the following web site: http://www.cbr.homestead.com/ I'm not sure if they are listed here since the rescue forums main page is down. Have you checked with them?

I am sending tons of positive vibes to you and hope this works out for you and this sweet boxer you've found. I tried to go to boxertown.com but the third picture down is of three dogs so it might have changed in the last few days. Good luck! Keep us posted and let us know if he's the one for you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.