1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I put in an application!!!!

Discussion in 'Other Pets' started by Kaybie's Mom, Feb 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaybie's Mom

Kaybie's Mom Boxer Insane

I honestly can say I can't see this happening. I love animals, no matter what. I've grown up with mutts and cats, etc. Once that animal has my heart, he's not going anywhere. =)

2. BXRBESTFRIND

BXRBESTFRIND Super Boxer

Thats one Good Lookin Puppy!!!!

Sounds like youve done alot of thinking Good Luck i hope you get him!!!!

3. joncads

joncads Completely Boxer Crazy

He is so cute what a sweet little face he has! All the best with your application I hope you get to bring him home!

4. paysmom

paysmom Boxer Insane

Can't wait to see if you get him.... Keep us posted! He's a CUTIE! lovicon

5. Kaybie's Mom

Well I got online today to look at this pup's petfinder link and it is gone, along with his 3 other littermates. I emailed the rescue to make sure nothing was wrong and she just responded and told me that they got so many applications on these puppies that they took them off petfinder. She said she's hoping the foster mom will start to contact people soon. Keep your fingers crossed that I might get picked for this little boy!!!! The waiting is killing me!

6. Hobart Ave.

Hobart Ave. Boxer Insane

Good luck! I hope you hear from the foster family soon. If not, there are always dogs (puppies and adults) that need good forever homes and maybe this one isn't meant to be. I applied for a different dog before Hobart and was turned down because of living out of state. I can't imagine my life without Hobart...he just fits my heart. Looking back now I know that having my first application denied was a sign that I was meant to find a different dog. I'm hoping you get this puppy but I just don't want you to feel discouraged from continuing your search if things don't work out with this one :)

7. ZOE*BOXER

ZOE*BOXER Boxer Insane

We had Rotties before we got Zoe. There is a picture of the male we had, Thor in my gallery. He died of cancer, but he was almost 15. We rescued him at the age of 7. Rotties are a wonderful breed, they are so smart, sweet and calm. The reason we chose a Boxer, Zoe was because we were so heartbroken after losing our female, Cazzi a few months prior to a bone marrow disease. We just could not bear to have another Rottie at that time. :( I must admit, now I am totally hooked on Boxers. Good luck and I hope you get the Rottie. :)

8. Kaybie's Mom

Well I still haven't heard anything and the waiting is eating me alive! I emailed the place again and the lady responded right away. She said the foster mom had surgery on Tuesday so she thinks that is what is causing the delay. She also copied our email conversation to the application screener so she can see how anxious I am! And she said the screener might know more of what is going on. So basically for now, the wait continues....... :confused:

9. Kaybie's Mom

Re:update & questions

Ok, here's an update and I need UN-BIASED opinions please.
    I'm not sure how old he is as the rescue isn't sure. He is a purebred and I would guess between 6-10 weeks old. I just found out that he still has his tail. I hope it doesn't make me sound shallow, but I don't like how rotties look with tails at all. I don't think boxers look too much different and it wouldn't bother me on that breed, but on rotties, it changes their whole look. Anyways, I've called various vets around to see if they can still dock his tail at this age and they are ALL willing to, not one said they wouldn't do it. What is anyone else's opinion on this? Is it ok to still have his tail docked at this age? The vets say that he will come home with his tail bandaged and with sutures in and they will have to be removed in about 10-14 days and he will be "uncomfortable" for about a week. Also, one vet that said they would do it no problem said I just have to wait until he is 4 months old. They said this is so that it will be safe for him to go under anasthesia, but I told them that he is already neutered so he must have been put under already. So this confused me too. I need opinions.........please!!!!

10. ZOE*BOXER

ZOE*BOXER Boxer Insane

Wow, that is a tough one. I understand what you mean about the tail. He is still very youg and all the vets seem to feel confident. I think you will give him a great life. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.