1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I put in an application!!!!

Discussion in 'Other Pets' started by Kaybie's Mom, Feb 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaybie's Mom

Kaybie's Mom Boxer Insane

Ok, so I've been constantly searching for a new puppy to add to the family. I've basically been thinking I was going to get a new boxer puppy from a breeder in Illinois. But I've been keeping my mind and heart open and along came this little boy:

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t305/bignik26/Yoda.jpg

I fostered Rex, the rottweiler, a while back and I really miss him. Sometimes I think I made the wrong choice by letting him go (even though he is doing great in his new home). Anyways, he caused me to fall in love with the breed. And I'm thinking that a dog with a little less hyper energy than a boxer might actually be good for Kaybie and help her to calm down. When I had Rex in my house, there was a good balance of play and calmness.

So anyways, this little puppy is at a rescue in Ohio. I just submitted an application for him and they said I should hear something back within 48 hours. I'm soooo excited!

2. ehayes21

ehayes21 Boxer Insane

Oh my goodness! What a face - if he comes up missing from your house, don't look at me. grin2icon I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and Kaybie. He's a cutie pie. ;)

3. Kaybie's Mom

LOL! Thanks. I'm soooo excited. There is something about that little face that is just calling to me!

4. ehayes21

ehayes21 Boxer Insane

Yes, he's saying "send me to Erin!" ;) I couldn't resist that face either - hope everything goes your way. We need to see more pics of him!

5. Kaybie's Mom

I was thinking that he might be calling out "come get me mommy!" LOL! Although maybe it said Erin! LOL! Just a hint, he does have 3 other brothers looking for homes too!

That is the only picture of him that is listed so far. The way this rescue works is that if my application is approved, then they send my information on to the foster home and then the foster home will call me. If/when that happens, I will be asking for more pictures!!!! I want to see a full body shot of him.

6. Kirby Kirb

Kirby Kirb Boxer Insane

First of all, good luck, I believe that any dog deserves a good home. I am a little confused though, I have read many of your posts, and I thought you got rid of Rex because you just wanted a boxer puppy. Then you posted awhile ago about a boxer possible mix that was in need for a home, but you were unsure what he was mixed with, possibly a pit, which your parents did not like. You had your heart set on a purebred boxer. Now there is a rottie pup. Are you sure this is something that you want? I am not trying to be mean here, I just don't understand! I would hate to see a post in a few months of you regretting a decision, and looking for another home for a pup. Specially since you were 100% positive that you wanted another boxer puppy, and nothing else. Just need some clarification please!! thanks! :)

7. Kaybie's Mom

I know I'm confusing! LOL! I honestly have been doing some heartfelt thinking about if 2 boxers are right for me. Don't get me wrong, boxers are and will always be my first love, but I think 2 might be too much to handle for me with their energy. I did give Rex to a new home because at the time I really wanted another boxer puppy, but after doing a lot of thinking, I'm just not sure I want to deal with that much energy times two. I miss Rex everyday and the only comfort of him being gone is that he's in a great home and getting tons of love. I'm not trying to replace Rex or anything......he just caused me to fall in love with the rottweiler breed. And I now have various situations to compare things to. Such as when my friend's boxer has stayed with us on occasion, it has been chaos and honestly, Kaybie doesn't care if I exist. I know it sounds selfish, but they have so much energy with each other, that Kaybie stopped cuddling with me and it made me very sad. I don't want to lose my baby just to have another dog. Yet the temperment of the rottweiler is a bit more calm. They are playful but then also calm down after a period of time. It is just a really nice balance. And when Rex was here, it was a perfect balance. They played and ran around the backyard and then would be calm. He seemed to teach Kaybie how to be a balanced dog and play and still be calm. Kaybie still cuddled with me as well as Rex. I've really been thinking hard about this and I think that 2 boxers would overwhelm me. So I'm leaning towards another breed. I happen to love Rottweilers so they seem like the next best thing to a boxer for me. I hope that clarifies things a bit. I know I've been back and forth quite a bit lately.

8. Kirby Kirb

Kirby Kirb Boxer Insane

Thanks for the response. I am sure you will be happy with what ever you decide, I just hope you don't decide on something you regret. Don't get me wrong, I love rotties, I think they are amazing, I have yet to meet one that I don't like! I just remember your previous post with Rex, and he was everything you didn't want, hence why he went to a new home.

I have yet to read a post where people with more then one boxer are too overwhelmed, more of a relief then anything. Personally with my own experience with Kirby, I don't find him to be a over hyper dog, sure he has energy but so does every other young dog! He plays with my pug fine, and entertains himself when Rigg's has had enough! I won't harp on you anymore, like I said before, I just don't want to see a post in a few months of you regretting your decision, and wishing you would of gotten another boxer! Best of luck! :)

9. Kaybie's Mom

I know in the past that is what I thought I didn't want, but with new experiences and such to compare, I just think a calmer dog would be a better match. When Kaybie is around other boxers, she's nuts......I can't even explain it. I find myself yelling at her constantly because she doesn't hear me and she could care less that I exist. She won't cuddle with when a boxer is around either and that breaks my heart more than I can say. Don't get me wrong, I want her to bond with her doggie brother, no matter what breed, but I don't want to lose my bond with her either. I think if a rottie puppy grows up with Kaybie, they will learn each other's play style also. I look back now and see how much more "balanced" Kaybie was with Rex's energy level rather than the crazy psycho dog she becomes when she's with another boxer. I hope that makes sense. I love my boxer and it will always be my favorite breed, but I think a balance will be nice.

And on top of all that, this pup is in a rescue and had a very hard beginning in life.......he needs a good home.

10. My Boxer

My Boxer Boxer Insane

OOOOO, he is precious. Good luck with your decision.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.