I miss you soooo much Hailey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haileysmom

Boxer Pal
I would like to share a card that a recieved in sympathy from a friend who lost her 15 yr old dog the day before I lost Hailey who would have been 13 five days later.

They will not go quietly,
the dogs who've shared our lives.
In subtle ways, they let us know
their spirit still survives.
Old habits still can make us
think we hear them at the door
Or step back when we drop
a tasty morsel on the floor.
Our feet still go around the place
the food dish used to be,
And sometimes, coming home at night,
we miss them terribly.
And although time may bring new friends
and a new food dish to fill,
That one place in our heart belongs to them... and always will.

Hailey, I miss you so much.
I miss the weight of your head on my legs as I fall asleep at night.
I miss your wiggle butt when I come home or when I reached for your leash and poop bag to go on a walk.
I miss your crazy fast running in the back yard.
I miss making your food.
I miss your beautiful bark.
I miss watching movies with you.
I miss giving you last bite of what ever dinner I was eating and how patiently you would wait with your head propped on the coffee table, with those "I'm so cute eyes".
I miss the way you would get excited everytime I said Grandpa was here.
I miss you waking me up in the morning to let you out side.
I miss our daily walks at 6 that you would remind me of if my timing was off.
I miss when you would give me your doggie hugs when you knew I needed one by pushing your head into my chest.
I miss letting you chose all the directions of every walk we went on. And, I miss waiting for you to stop and sniff.
I miss taking you to the park and letting you run free.
I miss just hanging out with you, you were always happy to do whatever.
I miss taking you to the cabin and how much you loved running around and just laying by the river.
I miss making you breakfast and dinner at the cabin and feeding you on a plate what ever everyone else was eating.
I miss hearing the jingle of your dog tags and the sound of you walking around the house.
I miss you rubbing your head all over the couch and your bed after you ate.
I miss your stinky breath :)
I miss how every once in awhile you would just walk up to me and put your chin on my knee.
I miss you following me everywhere, I even miss you getting under my feet or stopping short infront of me.
I miss you waiting for me outside the bathroom door.
I miss scratching your "Hailey Spot".
I miss kissing you on the head before I would leave the house.
I miss patting you goodnight before bed.
I miss grabbing your lips and kissing your face and if I was too slow you would get me with a lick.
I miss all of your nicknames. There were so many of them! Hankabonk, Haileyboo, stinkerface, WB (wiggle butt), Hailey Abu, Sweepee, Hailey Stinkerstonk, Habu, Haihai, Boo, Haileyface, Hailers, grayface..... just to name a few.

When I left the vets office that horrible day it started to rain briefly and we had a very short thunderstorm, the first of the season. I think it was Hailey saying goodbye to me. As I pulled out of the vets parking lot it stopped raining and the sun came out.

At 6 that evening I couldn't help but take her dog tags for a walk.

That night I put a heavy rolled up blanket resting on my feet so that it would feel like Hailey was going to bed with me.

I'ts sooooo hard, and I'm so sorry for anyone who is going through this. Its all emcompassing and overwhelming.

maggiedad

Boxer Pal
Thank you for your poem. Sorry for your loss, non boxer owners just don't understand our love for our doggies.

We had to leave Maggie behind while on vacation, missing her terribly. I can't wait to kiss her face.
Maggiedad

Cami

Boxer Insane
I miss all of those things too. I know how much your heart is breaking.
The poem was lovely and thanks for sharing it.
You have a great friend that was able to offer up something so special while her own heart was aching.

Sending you a cyber hug. grouphugicon

DyckDogs

Boxer Insane
Beautiful.
Sorry for your loss.
It is so very hard to believe that our babies are no longer here.
Those moments we shared with them, as you described in your poem, seemed so insignificant at the time, but now we would give anything to have those moments back.

Thanks for sharing.

brandygsmom

Boxer Booster
I am so sorry for your loss. My heart breaks for you and I can't even begin to imagine what you are feeling. I know I will be there someday and I am scared to death of the pain of missing my girl. The poem is beautiful as well as your sweet memories of Hailey. Thank you for sharing.

Disneygal

Boxer Booster
tears..

Beautiful tribute.. I have tears rolling down my face because I know how you feel. My girl is very sick and I know the time to say goodbye is soon. I'm glad Hailey was so well loved. All pets should be.

Terri

Marleysboys

Boxer Booster
Oh boy..the tears came and still haven't left as I'm typing this. All the things you wrote about missing Hailey are very sweet and remind me of the things I miss about Buster. It's been about 7 months since I lost him and miss him terribly every day.

They never leave your heart..They always stay with us forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.