1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have to leave Arabella for a week....

Discussion in 'The Boxer Ring' started by Gatorblu, Jan 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. packblt

packblt Completely Boxer Crazy

I feel your pain:) Same kind of thing here. I really try to adjust my schedule so that if I am not tending to my pups my daughter can. It's scary but she's 25 and i'm dreading the day she decides to move out. I have even given her a second bedroom to use as her own office/study so that she's not crammed in one room and rushing to leave us for more room.

DH a wonderful provider and is super at showering them with tons of petting and has three lap dogs at one time always but all the feeding, meds, vitamins etc I take care of. He doesn't do laundry, dishes or cleaning, but is in charge of the garage and BBQ - I gave up on them. I rarely even ask for help pooper scooping because he doesn't really "check" it, lol.

I am pretty confident that if I weren't here, and my daughter wasn't availabe, it would be important to him to take good care our pups - absolutely nothing else, but that's ok.

That is a long time for Arabella to be alone if she's not used to it and not used to you not coming home to ber but maybe you could get some new toys/bones/antlers/treat dispensing item
    that hubby could give her before he leaves each day so that she is distracted by something new and different each day.

I'm sure they will do fine (even with some extra treats) and you will get extra nub waggles and big boxer smooches when you get home.

Have a safe trip:)

2. boxrmommy

boxrmommy Boxer Booster

I hope you have a safe trip. It will be good for you and Arabella. Better to see how you do now before you go on the cruise. As for the feeding, you could set his phone to remind him 2-3 times a day to feed her. :LOL:

3. sjtorr

sjtorr Boxer Booster

Tee hee love it! Will have to remember that one!

4. Gatorblu

Gatorblu Boxer Insane

Halfway through and things seem to be going well. I forgot to write down, but told my husband, that Arabella gets two cookies before bed. He didn't do it the first night and she didn't want to eat breakfast the next morning. (Too much stomach acid, I presume.) She finally did eat it by noon. She searched the house for me the first two days as well. And will do it if my husband mentions my name, so he isn't doing that. I think I am having a harder time than she is! :o It seems odd not to have to let a dog out before bed, or get up and give her, her meds. I do get some snuggles in from my mom's dog, but a dachshund just doesn't quite compare. ;)

I got to play with my nephew's new boxer/lab mix, Layla, and I am in love! lovicon She is so well behaved and just too stinking cute! And Friday I will see my other nephew and his family and their two boxers Cookie and Brownie. I can't wait for some slobbery kisses! :p I hope to post some pictures of both visits soon.

5. Lizzie

Lizzie Boxer Insane

Glad to hear that Arabella is doing okay and that you're getting some doggy loving with your family's dogs.

Just imagine the welcome home that Arabella will give you when you do go home cool2icon Nothing quite like a boxer welcome home!

6. Gatorblu

Gatorblu Boxer Insane

I got home today and as predicted my husband did dishes and straightened the kitchen last minute. I go to feed Arabella tonight and her bowl was just gross! I looked at him and said you couldn't wash it out? His reply was it was not on the list. (smh) A 55 yr old needs to be told to wash a dog bowl. Good thing I love him. :LOL:

On the plus side he had ordered pizza to be delivered right after I got home so I didn't have to cook or clean today. And of course Arabella couldn't stop wiggling for a good 20 minutes and my face was thoroughly licked. There was no getting away from her! (Not that I really tried. ;) )

7. Roge

Roge Boxer Insane

Ahh I know the feeling of the exciting return.. to me it verifies that Roge loves me as much as I love him..
    So glad all went well and no one starved or got poisoned ect ha ha !! I don't know about you but I think that nothing is done properly unless I do it myself which of course is wrong and I do think every now an then that I should shift some chores to the rest of the household but no one does it to my standard and I end up redoing it my way .
    No one to blame but MYSELF !!!!!!

8. Kisaq

Kisaq Super Boxer

Welcome home!
    I'm sure Arabella was very happy to have you returned to her. How dare you run off like that! Don't ever do it again.

:D

Glad you had a good uneventful trip.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.