1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have great news!!!!!

Discussion in 'Other Pets' started by Roge, Oct 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kisaq

Kisaq Super Boxer

Wonderful.
    Reminds me of that poster (the one with an old golden I think on it - but it could be any dog or cat) and the words:

Before humans die, they write their last Will & Testament, give their home & all they have, to those they leave behind. If, with my paws, I could do the same, this is what I’d ask …
    To a poor and lonely stray I’d give:

-My happy home.
    -My bowl & cozy bed, soft pillows and all my toys.
    -The lap, which I loved so much.
    -The hand that stroked my fur & the sweet voice which spoke my name.

I’d Will to the sad, scared shelter dog, the place I had in my human’s loving heart, of which there seemed no bounds.

So, when I die, please do not say, “I will never have a pet again, for the loss and pain is more than I can stand.”

Instead, go find an unloved dog, one whose life has held no joy or hope and give MY place to HIM.

This is the only thing I can give …
    The love I left behind.

-- Author Unknown.

2. Roge

Roge Boxer Insane

That is amazing !!!! a few nights before she picked up George she came across this and posted it on her facebook timeline ..

3. Gatorblu

Gatorblu Boxer Insane

I "lost" Arabella once. I had been bringing in shopping bags and I when I was done I couldn't find her. I did a quick search of the house, then went out in the yard and looked up and down the street. I came back in the house and did one more check. She had gone into the water closet of the master bathroom and the door shut behind her. She never made a peep or even scratched at the door. She was just sitting there with her wiggly butt when I opened the door. I was so relieved to see her! Since I switched her water bowl from metal to ceramic she never drinks out of the toilet bowl and doesn't get trapped anymore. Silly girl!

4. Jan

Jan Reasonable Moderator Staff Member

Why do you think that would be? Do you think that a metal bowl makes the water taste funny. I wouldn't think that a stainless steel bowl would effect taste. :confused:

Tara started wanting to drink out of the toilet in the last few months of her life. She had never done it before. We couldn't figure it out.

5. Kisaq

Kisaq Super Boxer

Kisaq wont drink out of a bowl unless he absolutely has to - stainless or otherwise. He will only drink out of a bucket or a bottle (poured for him). lol.
    Luckily, he doesn't want to drink out of the toilet!

6. Gatorblu

Gatorblu Boxer Insane

I don't know if it the taste, but whatever it is it has worked. I know food in cans will take on a metallic taste, but water never sits more than a 8-9 hours. If she hasn't finished her water, I still pick up the bowl and rinse it out and put fresh in water to stop any bacteria growth. I suspect it may have to do with sound. I think the metal will reflect the sound more. Arabella has always been more sensitive to sound then my other dogs.

7. Roge

Roge Boxer Insane

More good news!!!

George is getting a sister called Lilly...My Sister saw her on a rescue site ,she is a cute little Lab who was turned in because her owner decided that he wanted a gun dog for hunting :(... Anyhow she took a visit to the shelter today to see Lilly and fell in love and should have her home by the weekend ..
    Ohh Im so excited to see her :) Xmas has come early !!!!

8. Gunther

Gunther Super Boxer

That is great news, it seems kinda sad when a doggie lover loses a pal and then never gets another dog again. If not a puppy then a rescue as the poem stated so well!

9. Roge

Roge Boxer Insane

Yes I agree.. If you are a dog lover you just can not be without one , your life is not complete..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.