1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have great news!!!!!

Discussion in 'Other Pets' started by Roge, Oct 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roge

Roge Boxer Insane

Some of you may remember back to mid August when my sister had to let her Lab go to the bridge. She said that she could never go through that again and would not get another dog.
    Well she rescuing a 5 yr old Lab today ,she was up at the crack of dawn this morning getting everything ready to bring him home because she has to work today and is sending her DH to collect him, she is so so excited and so am I , I just cant wait for evening to come until I get to meet him. He was found wandering around a small town and the shelter said that he is very timid and very scared and was not doing well in the shelter.
    She is naming him George and is already calling him Georgy Porgy..
    My BIL said that George is very thin and he drove the whole way home with his head resting on his lap..
    I hope he settles in sooner rather than later the poor fella must be so scared ,he just does not realise what a spoiled pampered pooch he is about to become !!! :)

2. sjtorr

sjtorr Boxer Booster

Wonderful news!!!

3. rrboxer

rrboxer Super Boxer

Great news and lucky, lucky new lab baby...

4. Mega's Mom

Mega's Mom Boxer Insane

Yep, that is great news! Congrats to your sister and Georgy Porgy!

5. TysonCheeto

TysonCheeto Completely Boxer Crazy

Yaaaaaay!!! Once those little furry babies grab your heart i dont know how you could ever be without one in your life again, im so so so glad her heart healed enough to open it up to another furbaby :) thats awesome she rescued!! What a lucky lucky dog!!! Im sure he will repay her10 times over with his love :) congrats to your sister and to auntie too!!

6. Roge

Roge Boxer Insane

Im just back from visiting George..What a lovely dog!!! he is so gentle and just wants to be loved and it would be impossible not to love him however he is painfully thin Iv never seen a Lab with all its ribs showing he looks more like a greyhound and you can see a tiredness in his eyes as if he has been through something horrible.
    My Sister is getting the vet to call to see him to get advise on how best to build him up and give him a check over.
    He seems to have been house trained and stands by the door if he needs to go potty, Im so glad that she has him.. Two broken hearts have found each other :)

7. TysonCheeto

TysonCheeto Completely Boxer Crazy

That is so touching. Makes me wanna go grab him up and give lots of love. I'm sure in no time she will have meat on his bones :) poor baby. it's gonna be the best evening ever for him I'm sure!

8. Roge

Roge Boxer Insane

Hi All
    I have passed on your good wishes to George..

He has had his vet visit where she found quite a bad ear infection and they were full of dirt she thinks that he was sleeping rough for a while and scavenging and he has a few small cuts around his head and front paws which look like barbed wire cuts.. he is about 5kg or so underweight and is now on antibiotics, he got his shots and worm treatment and he will be going back in two weeks for another check up to monitor his progress.

The trouble being not over feeding him, he just wants to eat ALL the time she is feeding him little and often but he never seems satisfied maybe its worms or just force of habit thinking that he may not get another meal.but im sure he will learn quickly that the feeding is just not a once off and he has to gobble down as much as he can when he can..

Im just looking at my two dogs and thinking how lucky they are that they have not had to go through such hardship !!!

9. Gatorblu

Gatorblu Boxer Insane

10. Roge

Roge Boxer Insane

George is doing great .he is such a sweet dog he just wants to please everyone..

They thought they had lost him though two weeks ago , my sister went to the bathroom and left him in the kitchen ,when she came out he wasn't there but she saw her DH outside and thought that George was with him only to find out about a half hour later that was not the case so the search commenced around the house up and down the road for over an hour with no luck ,they came in and she went out to the hall and thought she heard something upstairs so up she went to find George snoring his head off stretched out on her bed which surprised her because he had never ventured upstairs before that.
    Neutering will be next on the agenda but she wants to give him a bit more time to settle in and gain a few more pounds first...
    The caption kiss him love him and squeeze him is very apt Pam for our George !!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.