1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I got new "nieces"!

Discussion in 'Other Pets' started by Gatorblu, Jul 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gatorblu

Gatorblu Boxer Insane

My brother and his wife went to two shelters last Saturday looking for a new furbaby. They didn't feel a connection with any of the dogs they saw, and frankly they were looking for a chocolate lab and none were there. On the way home they passed a PetSmart that was having an adoption event, so they decided they would stop in, not really thinking they would take a dog home. There were two black lab mix sisters and they visited with them both. One was mellow and the other one, well... not so mellow. lol

They were a bit tired and said they would think about the mellow one. They watched as they put them back in the crate together and they snuggled up. It broke my sister-in-law's heart to think they would be separated, so they decided they would take both so they could stay together. They filled out the paperwork and waited for the rescue to approve them. They were approved the next day and they brought the puppies over Sunday evening.

Unfortunately my sister-in-law was in an accident Sunday afternoon and though not seriously hurt was banged up enough to be very sore. So I have been over to her house the last two days to help her with the pups while my brother was at work. The are 10-12 weeks old and just as cute as can be! They don't have names yet, but they have nicknames Curly and Slick. One has a smooth, shorter coat and the other has a thicker, slightly curly coat. Here is a picture of them,

https://flic.kr/p/okBtQS

They are very loving and smart! My brother and his wife are going to have their hands full!

2. Roge

Roge Boxer Insane

AWWWW !! what a lovely story ... Congrats to all on the new puppies...
    My sister adopted 2 labs last year and she has one 6 yr old very quite and a gentleman and then there is Lily and for her I have no words , naughty doesn't even scratch the surface ..seems its not possible to get 2 quiet ones but boy they are a laugh ...

3. Jinnytee

Jinnytee Super Boxer

Awww, how lovely. I am so happy they were kept together ! They look so cute ..... and mischevious too :)))

I am biased to black labs .... my Bailey is such a sweetheart. When she was little , like that, we used to lose her in the garden at night until she smiled and we saw her teeth. Haha.

4. Stub

Stub Completely Boxer Crazy

How sweet! I'm glad they got to stay together too. Congrats on the new additions to the family! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.