1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I got asked for the FIRST time.....

Discussion in 'The Boxer Ring' started by BXRBESTFRIND, Jun 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BXRBESTFRIND

BXRBESTFRIND Super Boxer

"Interested in breeding to my girl?"

LOL I knew it would happen but I thought it would be when he gets a little older.

So let me set the scene I had Finlay(who is 11wks) in the car and stopped to get a sandwich as I got out a guy across the road get out of his truck and asks is that a boxer. I say "yes" He tells me he has a girl at home and then goes into how hard it is to find good boxers (ya right) and finding a stud is even worse. At that point Im thinking forget the food just get out of here.
    He goes on to say he wants another puppy just like his girl, I bite my tongue, and asks is mine a Boy and I say yes.
    He immediately gets interested in what I have to say so I go off on how he will be fixed and boxers have so many problems, he agreed, so him being still interested I go off on health testing and only breeding good representitives of the breed and what answer do I get!!! "O shes very healthy and is the perfect Boxer girl"

Well that ended the conversation right there I excused myself and RAN lol

I thought for sure he was going to be the typical "I want a boxer just like mine mentality" but was somewhat surprised when he agreed about the health problems and being carefull with which boxers are bred but then let the normal narrowminded viewpoint Ive come to understand is sadly the norm.

Sorry so Long just had to share!

2. ELubas

ELubas Boxer Insane

Yes, everyone thinks thier boxer is the perfect boxer to breed... Hence all the unhealthy and unwanted boxers in the world. But you did what you could to educate so good for you! Have fun with puppy :)

3. tugger

tugger Super Boxer

This is weird...I was just asked this weekend if we would consider breeding Tug to some guy's (whom we dont even know) dog. I said ...that would be pretty hard to do as she is fixed...His answer was AH what a shame. We could have made some big bucks with the two boxers being so good looking!
    I said WELL, and I caught my breath and continued on, I would never put my girl thru the hazards of having puppies. There are far too many dogs in rescue now and I wouldnt want to run the risk of adding to the crisis. He looked at me funny and said I never thought of all the rescues. You are right! We ended up having a nice conversation all the while TUG was charming him to death. So, I felt pretty good about educating someone about rescues without losing my cool. I also think he understood!

4. ZOE*BOXER

ZOE*BOXER Boxer Insane

appicon Good for you. I never feel understood or well received when explaining about the gross amount of Boxers in need of rescue. I am glad you got the point across to somebody, now let's hope it sinks in and stays in. Good work. ;)

5. Chiefsmom

Chiefsmom Boxer Insane

Nicely Done!!! appicon

6. Arrow

Arrow Boxer Booster

I've only been asked once, when he was 11wks in puppy class. The other boxer that this lady wanted to breed him with was his litter sister! Oh my did I let her have it, but the whole reason she got her was to breed her for money :( I saw how mean she was to the poor girl in class, she had no clue on boxers at all and I think she stopped showing up because I kept trying to help her and get her to change her mind on the breeding. She's a year old now, I am going to be looking at rescues and shelters to see if I can find the poor girl because I'm sure she is going to end up there.

7. Beau's Mommy

Beau's Mommy Boxer Insane

We went camping a couple of weekends ago with my neighbor and her kids and took Beau and DaeZee with us. My neighbor asked "so when are you gonna let them have babies?" I was like, umm...never! I told her they were both fixed and she gasped and replied "why would you take two beautiful full-blood boxers and not breed them? Do you know how much money you could have made off them?" :mad: I told her for one, money is never a reason for breeding, and two, neither of my dogs are acceptable breeding dogs....they're just really wonderful family members. ;) The subject was dropped rather quickly after that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.