husbands! humph!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kitten

Boxer Booster
have you ever got in to cooking something and only after you start, when you go to look for one of the ingredents that you knew you had. find out your husband used it up and didn't tell you so you could get more!

this happened to me today I was cooking hamburgers for lunch. and I had a half a loaf of bread. I figured( that's ware I went wrong I figured) I would just go and buy more when my husband came home from work with the car. right?, wrong! he used it yesterday and never told me! so I have all these hamburgers and bacon and no bread. so what do you do? you micro three times the amount of gravy you will need. the first 1/3 you mix in with the leftover kibble from breakfast for the dogs (makes it a whole new meal in there eyes) and the remaining 2/3 you mix a small amount of instant rice in and the hamburgers. and deem it Salisbury steak over rice! and the bacon you use to drill the dogs on they're sit, down and stay.

by the way extra crunchy bacon works well it crumbles so the littlest ones that are still learning, learn and don't get full. and they'd do almost anything just for a smell!

------------------
mom of....
D'artagnan: semi-flashy fawn male croped and docked 12/4/99
Aramis: flashy brindal docked, we are leaveing him with natural ears! 7/8/00

B

Badassboxer

Ha, that's funny, yes I have a hubby like that! Except mine TAKES my kitchen items and somehow, someway uses them to work on the cars? Don't ask, I wouldn't be surprised if I lifted the hood and found a spatula! ;) He's used turkey basters, measuring cups, knives, big forks, weird stuff!

Gabi

Boxer Booster
LOL LOL ...yes all of the above happens to me as well.
Best Regards

------------------
Gabi
Amy/01.01.97/tan,black mask/spayed/natural ears

Brenda

Hi, kitten! And here I thought that I was the only one with this problem. My hubby also uses my measuring cups and spoons to work on his car. He uses the pail for my fish tank (which has to be suds free) and fills it full of hot, soapy water to wash his car! :eek: He never returns anything to where it belongs after he's finished with it either (which is probably a good thing). :D My kitchen drawers are always full of hammers, screw drivers and sandpaper and I even found his electric screwdriver in with all of the utensils in my utensil holder!! :eek: The worst part of this whole thing is that all four of our adult children are exactly the same way! They also have polished off (covertly) the ingredients for many a meal. I just serve them peanut butter sandwiches if they eat the cheese for the rigatoni or mac & cheese. Anybody got any ideas how to break these bad habits?? Of course I'm perfect and keep everything where it belongs. I am also proud to say that I never (well hardly ever) sneak food from the fridge or cupboards!! :D

------------------
Brenda
Boxer Baby: Harley - born 12/27/98 - adopted 1/08/2000 - docked tail/natural ears/neutered - full of pee & vinegar!

Status
Not open for further replies.