Hurricane Isabell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cindy Creel

Boxer Insane
I just wanted to let my BW friends. that are in the path of this storm. that they are in my prayers. I pray for your saftey. In Louisiana. we have our share of these storms, so i know what you are going through. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you and your fur babies.

When the storm is over please let us hear from you.
Cindy

ljnash

Boxer Insane
Yes, please take care and keep safe! I'll be keeping you in my prayers and thoughts also!

Lenore

Bella'sMom

Super Boxer
Bella, hubby and I are in Frederick, MD! In between the Potomac and Chesepeake Bay! I personally have never experienced a hurricace, only a little of Floyd's rains. But I have seen the devastation that one can do.

Hugo (4) hit Charleston, SC years ago, and I just remember the closer you got to the coast the closer the pine trees were to the ground. There were shrimp trawlers in the middle of Highway 17. Charlestons Battery Park and surrounding areas were absolutely devastated.

We expect to get some strong winds and a lot of rain. We are just pulling down the hanging plants etc to get ready...

luvfritz

Boxer Pal
They are predicting just lots of rain and heavy winds for Boston. As a hurricane survivor - Gloria, Bob and others - I already own several of those little 5" battery operated tvs since my family shuts down without television :) Lots of batteries, flashlights, non-refridgerated foods, spring water, get caught up with gasoline for the car, do all the laundry, check the cellar and move everything to a higher place and sit back and wait!!

Barb

Linda/NJ

Boxer Insane
Stay safe everyone who live in Isabel's path. Let's hope it loses more strength and is not that bad. In my area, we are about 1 hour from the coast and they say heavy rain and wind. I am more worried about high winds than the rain. Once again stay safe everyone and hope this moves out of here fast.

Linda & Ginger

Aimee

Boxer Insane
Originally posted by luvfritz
Lots of batteries, flashlights, non-refridgerated foods, spring water, get caught up with gasoline for the car, do all the laundry, check the cellar and move everything to a higher place and sit back and wait!!

Barb

We cannot locate any batteries in our town at the moment. There is also hardly any water left. People are really getting prepared around here. We have our water, our gas, we're moving everything inside tonight, we've gotten the non-refridgerated foods taken care of for us and the dogs and today I am home and doing laundry :) From someone who is a hurricane survivor, it sure is good to know that I seem to have the bases covered. I told my husband I would feel much safer if he would board up the basement windows since I intend to take cover down there but he just rolls his eyes at me :p Yes, I can admit, I am terrified of the impending storm. I pray it moves through quickly and leaves behind minimal damage. I hope everyone in the path of this storm stays safe!

Austin's Mom

Boxer Insane
I'm ready! Well, as ready as you can be for a hurricane. My house won't flood, but my Mom lives in a town that was pounded by Floyd. Her house will be ok, but the basement will probably flood......again. We've picked everything up and I gave her a sump pump just in case. So all the patio furniture is secure, food and water is in, batteries, candles, and of course plenty of food and treats for Aus.

Take care everyone, I'll be thinking of you.

Chris

DixieDiana

Boxer Buddy
The latest forecast for our area is high winds and 6+ inches of rain...that is up from the 4 inches that was predicted earlier today. You know how that goes....the forecast will change a hundred times in the next 24 hours.
I guess it is like they say....."What you see is what you get!"
It is good to know that God is keeping watch!!

Cayenne's Mom

Boxer Insane
We are expecting a lot of rain and wind here. Luckily I am away from the coast line but we probably will get something as it hits land. We filled the gas tank for the generator, got the coolers out and are ready for the worst but hopeing for the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.