Howling, Barking, and Whinning in Create! HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarnBoxer

Boxer Pal
So I live in an apt with my roomate and my 5/6 month old boxer boy. Whenever I put him in the create to go to bed he doesnt whine. Whenever I leave to go to class he does. Whenever my roomate puts him in his create to bed he does whine and bark and howl. My neighbors said they can hear him, but there real nice about it...Still, I need him to stop. He does get exercised fairly often, and I take him out to potty b4 putting him in the create. I dont know what to do! please help!

makovach

Boxer Pal
I had this problem with my Tucker. He would SCREAM in his cage like something was killing him. What i did was start making his kennel a good place. He never goes in it for punishment. I started feeding him in his cage and he only got his favorite toys (skinzee and pb stuffed kong) in his cage. I started putting him in his kennel while i was home. I would compleatly ignore him while he was wineing and screaming. and as soon as he was quite for one minute i would let him out. After he was doing good i would lenghten the time of him haveing to be quiet in his kennel. Eventually he went in his kennel and was quiet right away. and got out sooner. When i leave and he has to stay in his kennel i make sure he has a frozen kong or an everlasting treat ball to occupy him. Now its never a problem.

Hope you can find something that works for you!

vidalia

Boxer Pal
your baby has to get to the point where he WANTS to be in the crate. do you keep the door open during the day? we have roxie's crate in the living room next to the t.v. so if she's not sprawled out on the couch, she walks into her crate and lies down. it also helps that the crate is positioned under the ceiling heating register. usually by the time its time to go to sleep, one of us is asleep on the couch anyway, so getting roxie to sleep in her crate is no big deal. and if she gets a little out of control during dinner, i ask her to get in her crate. she goes pretty willingly because she knows if she's quiet she'll get a little piece of whatever we're eating and she's always happiest if her daddy gives it to her. she's not entirely happy to be in her crate yet but she knows that the benefits outweigh the rest. and boxers are nothing if not smart and full of self-interest!

Status
Not open for further replies.