1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How we got Rosco (long)

Discussion in 'Stories' started by weloveboxers, Sep 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. weloveboxers

weloveboxers Boxer Buddy

I knew that my husband wanted a Boxer since the first day we started dating (1993). Knowing that I was a cat person, he didn't push the idea of getting one, not even after we got married. About 3 years ago I told him that if he would like a Boxer, I was open to the idea of getting a dog. He was very excited and we began looking for a breeder. My DH had informed one of his customers, who worked at the local animal shelter, that if they ever get a Boxer in, to please give him a call. Well, 1-1/2 years went by and he finally got a call (August 2005). She told him that there was a brindle Boxer going up for adoption that day and he needed to be there when they opened at noon. She told him not to be late, because this one will go quick. He took an early lunch from work and went down as he was told. His friend drove since my DH had ridden the motorcycle to work that day. After making sure the Boxer did well with people and cats, he signed the papers to bring him home. As he was signing the papers, 3 other people requested to see him. My DH informed them that they could pet him, but he already has a home.
    At 1 PM, my husband called me to make sure I was coming home for lunch, as I always did. I asked him why he was calling me from his cell and he informed me that he was home and didn't have his house key. Confused on how he got home without a key, he informed me that Joe had brought him home and he wanted me to meet someone. Someone? He wouldn't tell me anything more and hung up after he said that he loved me. I knew something was up, but didn't know exactly what he was up too. When I got home he intoduced me to our new family member, Rosco. I melted when I saw his face. Rosco has been with us for a year now and I never thought I would ever say, "I love dogs." Boxers are the best and I will argue with anyone who says anything different. Thanks for reading.

2. Biff

Biff Boxer Insane

What a lovely story! Thanks for sharing :)

Like you, I was a "cat person" too - but DH always wanted a dog - NO, let me rephrase that....DH always wanted a BOXER :LOL:

We decided it wasn't fair whilst we were both in full-time employment, but DH took early retirement from his work, and we got BIff

I am now officially a "Boxer Person" :LOL:

3. kpowell

kpowell Boxer Insane

I think people can change! I was always a dog person until a mama cat had kittens under our front porch. During a really bad storm I heard the little kittens crying, ran outside, put them and mama in a box with a towel, and they have been inside ever since! I found homes for all but mama and two kittens, which are now our cats!

4. StormiesMom

StormiesMom Super Boxer

I love your story. My husband grew up with boxers and he always said if we ever got a dog, it would have to be a boxer. I totally understand why now! I LOVE my dog, she is our little daughter! :)

5. lisasentous

lisasentous Boxer Insane

What a wonderful story.
    Funny how it is, my hubby always wanted a boxer too. I remember when we first went to get a boxer (pet shop, now donĀ“t say anything please) my MIL came with us and she completely put us off the idea, well put me off the idea of a boxer, saying how big it was going to get, how active they are. Now this was coming from a women who grew up on a farm in the pyrenees with 3 boxers ????
    Anyway we decided or should I say I decided we should get a schnazner (sp?) and what a mistake.

Cut a long story short after a few years my hubby got his baby Lisa.

6. crowpete

crowpete Boxer Insane

What a wonderful story. Good things come to those who wait :)

7. EAO76

EAO76 Boxer Insane

Wonderful story!

BTW I have a Rosco too! And we spell it the same.

8. marciafinn

marciafinn Boxer Insane

What a beautiful boy! Congrats on the new addition. I am always happy to hear wonderful endings! Can't wait to hear more stories. :)

9. weloveboxers

weloveboxers Boxer Buddy

Isn't it amazing what we discover in ourselves when an animal enters our heart? I am glad that you were there to save the kitties! I know that they are happy that someone like yourself saved them. Bless your heart.

10. mybubbieroo

mybubbieroo Boxer Insane

That's so sweet!

I love your story! I love a happy ending and I am so tenderhearted that it brought tears to my eyes! I am glad you have your baby now, and I wish you many happy years together!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.