How we got KC

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyTobyMac

Boxer Pal
I didn't want a boxer to begin with, but then my husband took me down to his uncle's (who is a breeder) because he had a pup who didn't sell and needed a good home for him. And I ended up loving that goofy looking pup, who is my Mac. That was 6 months ago.
Last week our vet tracked me down to tell me animal services had a white boxer boy who was so sweet that I should go see him. So I did. He was skin and bones and covered in ticks. But he was still just down right happy to see me. So, I said ok. Animal Services delivered him to our vet the next morning for his neuter, but he was so anemic the surgery has to be put off. He also has ringworm and hookworm. But by some miracle is heartworm negative!! I named him KC and brought him home and he is settling in. And I just adore him, I really want to just have him in my lap all the time, but because of the ringworm, I can't. He sleeps in a crate in our room and really wants to play.
It is about to break my heart because he will not be able to get out much for the next month, he is just too sick. But you can see in his eyes that he just wants to play.
I am really happy we got him and I can see that I may have the start of an addiction here, and to think...I didn't want a Boxer.

Brynn1508

Boxer Insane
Stacey - you are an angel! He is so skinny poor guy. Good luck getting him better. Maybe some marrow bones and bully sticks will help pass the crate time.

crowpete

Boxer Insane
What a great ending for KC. I hope he is well on his way to a full recovery. Many thanks to you for taking him in and saving his life :) Please keep us posted on how he is doing.

MyTobyMac

Boxer Pal
Thank you. He is doing well and putting on weight fast. But still has at least a month of crate time left. Our vet is worried that he will bloat if he get to active right now. But he is taking it well, lots of treats. He is going to be a lap dog, a big one!!

jazzyboxer

Completely Boxer Crazy
Hi Stacey,

Sounds like you've got the boxer bug now for sure. I believe it is incurable but that's OK!

Bless you for saving KC. He has a beautiful face and I can see it would be easy to fall in love with him. Best of luck with his care and getting him back to a healthy condition.

mybubbieroo

Boxer Insane
Congratulations to KC for having someone as wonderful as you come into his life!! I wish you both the best of luck!!

lovemygracie

Super Boxer
I just looked at his picture, and I can't imagine how anyone could let their dog become that skinny and sick. Poor baby! He's lucky to have a home with you now, and I am sure he'll repay your kindness many times over. He has a very handsome face! Congratulations on your new addition to the family.

atlasmom911

Boxer Insane
You are an angelicon for rescuing KC and giving him his forever home. He has such a cute face...Can't wait to see pictures of him when he is all better.

marciafinn

Boxer Insane
Congrats on both new additions! I am so happy that KC found your family. Mason is a lap dog and has been since he was a pup - a nice snuggly 75 lb lap dog. ;) But who can resist those faces?

Status
Not open for further replies.