1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to go from bland back to normal

Discussion in 'Feeding' started by JennieandMax, Mar 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JennieandMax

JennieandMax Boxer Buddy

Max was sick last week and the vet told me to put him on a bland diet of either boiled chicken breasts (skinless and boneless) and rice or boiled hamburger and rice.

So, we did that (I am picking up bits of rice all over the house!).

Now Max is much, much better. But, oh, the look I got when I gave him his regular kibble today! If looks could kill, I'd be dead! And, he, of course, rejected it. He gets Chicken Soup for the Dog Lover's Soul with some plain yogurt mixed in. He USED to love it.

Should I have switched him slowly from bland back to normal or is he just seeing if he can guilt me into boiling chicken and hamburger for him??

2. Jill's boxer

Jill's boxer Banned

He is probably just wondering where his yummy homecooked meals went! You can go ahead and add a bit of rice or chicken/ground beef in if you want, just enough to peak his interest and then phase it back out if you want....otherwise, if he is fine healthwise, he'll eat when he realizes that's all there is!

3. dharmadoodle

dharmadoodle Boxer Pal

I always switch back gradually after the chick&rice diet. Just start adding in the usual food bit by bit, day by day, & fazing out the chick&rice. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.