1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to clean Boxer tear markings??

Discussion in 'Boxer Anatomy and Physiology' started by PegsBoxer, Apr 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PegsBoxer

PegsBoxer Boxer Pal

I have an 8 mo. old fawn male boxer with a white mask starting at about a 1/2 inch or so under his eyes. He just recently started showing red tear streaks below his eyes. I've always been good about keeping the area around his eyes clear, and suddenly about a week ago I noticed the red tear streaks about an inch or so long. I gave him a bath with dog shampoo and it helped just a little. I've tried with just a warm wet cloth too and still no change.
    My first question is he okay? Is this normal? And my second question is what can I do to clean that area?
    Thanks for any help you can give me here!

2. whiskers

whiskers Boxer Insane

What kind of food do you feed? Oftentimes excessive tearing like that can be linked to diet.

3. djheitz

djheitz Boxer Insane

Switching to grain free food is what worked for us. Even if we get a batch of treats that contain grain, the stains start to come back.

4. PegsBoxer

PegsBoxer Boxer Pal

We feed Buster 'Call of the Wild' Dog food with no grains. We do however give him treats that I am not sure about. He seems really sensitive to a lot of things, and it's almost like his eyes are his barometer. If something isn't quite right his eyes tell me.

Does anyone have any suggestions for healthy treats?

AND.....what can I do to clean the red streaks on his face?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.