How old were you when you got your first Boxer?

How old were you when you got your first Boxer?

• 0-5 years old

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • 6-10 years old

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • 11-15 years old

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • 16-20 years old

Votes: 17 18.9%
  • 21-25 years old

Votes: 24 26.7%
  • 26-30 years old

Votes: 9 10.0%
  • 31-35 years old

Votes: 11 12.2%
  • 36-40 years old

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • 41-45 years old

Votes: 7 7.8%
  • 46-50 years old

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • 51-55 years old

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 56-60 years old

• 61-65 years old

• 66-70 years old

• Over 70 years old

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Floyd1

Boxer Pal
My husband bought me Floyd for my 21st Birthday and he was the best prezzie ever!
I had always wanted a dog so we looked through all the breeds and decided on a Boxer.
My parents were worried as we had a young toddler but he was wonderful and gentle with her right from the start.
We are about to fill the void he has left with a mastiff but I am sure we will own another boxer one day and we will always hold the breed close to our hearts.

MandyMom

Completely Boxer Crazy
I got my first boxer when I was 12, my dad's friend was a breeder and they worked out some kind of a trade where my dad worked for him and got the pick of the litter, I don't really remember what it was all about. Anyway, we got a fawn named Rocky. We only had him about a year then my parents got divorced and we moved out of state. Rocky could not come with us so I gave him to my best friend when we moved.
13 years later I got Cooper!

Pat and I have had dogs all our lives. i have had a Schnauzer, Standard Poodle, Doberman and now Subi and our foster Tiger Pat has had a Shiba Inu and Golden Retriever. We got Subi and Tiger when we were both 24 and after we bought a house instead of renting - YUCK
I will ALWAYS have a boxer!! they are the best!

Al's Pal

Boxer Booster
My parents already had a boxer when I was born, so I didn't count him since he was a family dog. We always had dogs while I was growning up but my first 'own' dog is Ali and I was 25 when I got her. I'm 27 and have had Zan as well for 3 months now (feels like forever!) My 2 boxers angel Ali and monster puppy Zan and I sometimes find myself thinking about adding another!

Denise Lang

Boxer Pal

I was 5 when i got my first boxer and now my dog is 11 and I'm 16....before I get "Jenny" my family had two poodles and then I wanted a boxer and we get it.The best decision my parents have made!!!!!
Denise

ckjacroux

Boxer Buddy
Does it count when you're a kid?

My parents got a boxer on a whim. The first one was Mele, and she helped me learn to walk. Then we moved to Hawaii, and got Haile. I was 7 and she died when I was a freshman in college. After that, my parents got Kekoa (our goofiest boxer ever - he would sit on my mom when she did sit-ups). He was unfortunately run over 2 days before my birthday. The breeders felt bad for us and gave us Alelo to take care of over the weekend. Needless to say, Alelo is still with my parents, and about 6 years ago, they got another little one, Hoa, to keep her company. Alelo is a little lady, and Hoa is a goof, but they're a great match! Alelo is pretty much all gray, but is doing much better now that she is off Remedyl.

I got Max as a rescue about 10 months ago. One sister already has Walker and Rosie, a mother/son rescue from the MidWest somewhere. They have since moved to Hawaii (what a bummer!). And my other sister has Winnie and Buster, sister dogs, down in Florida.

So, to answer your question, with the exception of college and a couple of years out of college, I have ALWAYS had a boxer!kingicon

Status
Not open for further replies.