How much to feed 8 month old?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TysonMeade

Boxer Pal
My boy Tyson just turned 8 months old and is 53 pounds. I have been feeding him Innova 3 times a day 3 to 3 1/2 cups total. Does this seem right? The bag says for this weight and height I should give him 2 1/2 cups a day. This doesn't seem like enough I was thinking maybe 3 cups wasn't enough. What do you all think? And what about his weight? How big do you all think he will get? His parents are both 60 but he seems like he will be that big soon. Thanks.

Cali Koa

Boxer Buddy
What you are feeding seems right. Koa's 4 1/2 months, 40 lbs and gets 3 1/4 to 3 1/2 cups a day but the amount of food starts to level off about 5 months and you stop increasing. It seems right that you'd be feeding close to the same.

Our vet said the best judge is how he looks, since activity level plays a big factor and boxers have a huge weight range. He was happy with Koa's weight, he's solid but lean, so it seems like we're feeding him the right amount.

j'adoreboxer

Boxer Booster
Solomon is on Merrick. He is fed 3 times a day and total kibble intake is 4 cups. It is a little over the recommended about per the bag but his activity level is really high. Solo is of good substance and lean. He is just over 13 months and weighs about 60 lbs.

BxrMommieNAZ

Boxer Insane
Personally my boy is at 59 pounds and is a little underweight (he's still coming back from surgery) so to maintain the 59 pounds he eats Natural Balance and would get 2 1/2 cups per day we're feeding him 2 3/4 so he'll slowly gain a few pounds still . But how much you feed will depend on food, activity level, metabolism, etc. AS the other poster said best gauge is how he looks.

Unfortunately there's no way to tell you how big he will be. My boy was 50 pounds at 6 months old and at a good weight for him he was 64 and change and he'll be 2 years old in July so he really didn't gain much in a year and a half. He was pretty well full grown weight wise by the time he was 12 months old.

MMJB

Boxer Buddy
I finally got T-Bone on Wellness. He gets feed twice a day. 2 cups in morning and 2 in the evening. Sometimes he dont eat that. i can feed in the morning and in the evening its still there. he has w funny eating schedule. but he is putting on weight about 50 lbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.