1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How much did your boxer weigh at 3 months?

Discussion in 'Boxer Anatomy and Physiology' started by penalope, Oct 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. penalope

penalope Boxer Buddy

My girl weighed in at 16.5lbs the other day taking her to the vet.
    Is she on the small side or is she right on track? I also just had her treated for tape worms because the trifexis she is on does not treat for that. could tapeworms really stunt her growth? It just seems to me she has not been growing much the last few weeks.

2. TysonCheeto

TysonCheeto Completely Boxer Crazy

My male boxer Tyson, was 19.5 pounds at 3 months :)

3. Bastiansgrlz

Bastiansgrlz Boxer Buddy

Sebastian is 3 months and 15.4 pounds. I look at other boxers and he looks small to me but I think he is coming along nicely in size as he is healthy, he's eating and I know out of 11 puppies he was the 2nd to smallest puppy. We see his sister fairly regularly and she is about 2-3 pounds bigger and 1 inch taller. So I think you're good.

As for the tapeworms I'm not sure how to answer as he got dewormers at the vet and I'm not sure of the brand. He hasn't had a regular medication or anything.

4. sjtorr

sjtorr Boxer Booster

It also depends how big the parents are : bigger parents = bigger puppies :)

5. penalope

penalope Boxer Buddy

Well i guess she is on the right path so thats good. She weighs 16.5 so that seems to be good she actually seems pretty tall for some reason at the moment. Her dad was probably about 65 or so pounds and her mom was on the small and short side maybe at 45 pounds not too sure though. I figure she will end up weighing around 50 pounds when she gets older i suppose. We shall see. I was wondering this is my first boxer puppy my previous one was full grown already when i got her.

6. sjtorr

sjtorr Boxer Booster

In that case yes it sounds about right. Boxers have a tendency to grow up, then out, then up.... Mine looked like a small horse many times before she bulked out a bit :)

7. furrykidmom

furrykidmom Completely Boxer Crazy

my female rescue was a bag of bones at 11#. she had been neglected and left to die. At age 8 she floats between 43-48# depending on ongoing health problems.

My male was 19# at three months he is now 62#.

Our current male puppy was 27# at 4 months. He is growing like a weed and has stocky imported parents. I cant wait to see what he matures too. But I love my tiny puppy right now.

8. LoveMyLoki

LoveMyLoki Boxer Buddy

what many are suggesting is dont so much worry about the weight, but look at the behavior.
    is she eating well? Is she happy and active and playful?

My vet tried to tell me Loki was underweight when he was 14-17 pounds at 10 week.
    His weight gain has slowed down, now 30 pounds at 5 months. but hes never changed his attitude. hes always happy and playful. and then naps.

9. furrykidmom

furrykidmom Completely Boxer Crazy

IMHO vets are used to seeing fat Boxers. You be the judge. Sounds like you are on track to me. I would not worry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.