1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How much bigger

Discussion in 'Boxer Anatomy and Physiology' started by nyxfarsis, May 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nyxfarsis

nyxfarsis Boxer Pal

Hi, I'm sure this gets asked so many times but I hope I can get some people could answer my question. My puppy is a boxer/pit bull mix and she's consistently gained 10 pounds every month until she was 6 month old, she started to slow down. I know they say you can double at 4 months which she was 44 pounds but I think 80 pounds is too much. She's 7 months old and 65 pounds. Her dad was 80 and her mom 65. I'm just curious to know if anyone kept track of their female boxers weight as a puppy and their end weight? She's real stocky in the body but looks real leggy like a boxer and her face is looks kinda boxerish.
    Maebelline Slideshow by matuskey | Photobucket

Here is a slide link of a bunch of pictures of her.

Thank you for your time!

2. Jan

Jan Reasonable Moderator Staff Member

With a boxer, you should be able to see a nice waist and tuck up. You should also be able to see the last three ribs. I would think that it would be the same with a boxer/pit cross. If you think she is overweight, cut back her food a bit and give her more exercise.

You can always ask your vet for their opinion.

Good luck!

3. nyxfarsis

nyxfarsis Boxer Pal

Thanks, My vet seems to think shes fine, when you look directly down at her, you see her waist slim down after her ribcage, she's about 8 1/2 months now and is 68 pounds. I can't tell if she's taller or not but she still is slim when you look directly down.

4. Skidmoretx

Skidmoretx Boxer Buddy

Our smokie at 7 months was weighing 52 lbs it's been a few weeks so he's probably gained a little more and peaches is 4 months old and she's weighing in at 33. Both of their parents were above the standard weight. But I don't think peaches will be big. She's all muscle and smokie he's muscular but not as much as her.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.