How many toys?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amy Lyn

Super Boxer
Just curious on the approximate number of toys your Boxer's have?

We have a toybox full of toys for Wagner, balls, kong, rubber bones, stuffed toys, squeekers, so on and so forth. I'd say we have about 15-20 toys for Wagner to play with. We rotate them frequently so he doesn't get bored with them and I sometimes feel like I don't have enough variety to keep him sparked! Is this guy spoiled or what?

Just curious to see how far off I am from everyone else!

------------------
Amy Lyn
Wagner (Fawn, black mask) b: 04/25/00
Clark (Fawn, black mask) b: 03-11-99 (Rainbow Bridge 05-06-00)

Linda

Boxer Insane
Well... what counts as a "toy?" LOL
Bailey has chunks of tree branches that are her favorite (the kids' shoes from the garage, gloves, etc).
rolleyes.gif

I'd have to count (we have outside and inside toys), but I can say I don't think it's 15-20. More like 10.

tedjax

Completely Boxer Crazy
I think you are right up there with the rest of us. Indy and Beauty have about the same thing, although I've had to ixnay the stuffed toys for reasons I'm sure you understand. I keep all of their toys in a box and when they want to play (especially Indy), they go to the box and pick out a toy and bring it to me. Usually a pull toy or bone.

------------------
Trish
Indy-Neutered, Natural, Fawn, Flashy-10/6/98
Beauty-Spayed,Cropped, Fawn, Black Mask-9/20/94; Adopted from rescue in New Orleans
Shiloh-10/18/85 to 10/14/98; Waiting for me at the Bridge

Amy Lyn

Super Boxer
Oh, I MUST add that although I have a toybox full of toys for Wagner's delight . . . he still seems to think that the catbox is the greatest toy ever made for a dog! He sneaks kitty candy every chance he gets - yuck!

------------------
Amy Lyn
Wagner (Fawn, black mask) b: 04/25/00
Clark (Fawn, black mask) b: 03-11-99 (Rainbow Bridge 05-06-00)

HELENE

Boxer Insane
Sergeant has about a dozen different toys to play with, then when he is outside with us he will look for something else, usually in the summertime it is a pear or apple that has dropped off the tree. He picks it up and races around the back garden then lets it go to see how far it rolls! Sometimes he looses it and I get to it first then throw it again. I wish I had a stop-watch to see how fast he runs. I don't like him picking up plums as he could so easily swallow them and choke. The same with hazelnuts which we also have, but he usually sits down and eats those.

------------------
Sergeant. 6 in October. Light brindle, natural ears. Full of fun.

Kira

Boxer Buddy
You're pretty much on the average I'd say!

My guys have a toy basket.......it gets rotated as some toys go into the laundry or in for repairs...........then we have our special "training" toys that they only see when they train..........but when the training toys get "old", they get put in the general toy basket. Sigh. I can't tell you the last time I actually threw a toy out.

I'm always on the look-out for something "unique" though
smile.gif

B

Brutis and Bama's Mommy

Reading your post I think I had better buy a toy box. There toys are all over the place, bathroom, kitchen, bedrooms, okay every room not counting the yard and their kennel. My husband has banned med from buying toys for a while, he is tired of stepping on toys. I think that the ups man misses my house it has been a couple of weeks since the boys have gotten a delivery
frown.gif
. I say that they never have enough.

Krikkit

Boxer Insane
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Brutis and Bama's Mommy:
Reading your post I think I had better buy a toy box.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A toy box is great
smile.gif
We never used to have one and when I read about toy boxes on a mailing list I thought it was a bit over the top but decided to try it anyway. At the end of every day I gather the toys from around the yard and house and put them back in the box and in the mornings the dogs will go to the toy box and get out what they want to play with
smile.gif
If only they would put the toys back
rolleyes.gif

------------------
Sharon
Bella (Red&White 03.07.94) Layla (Brindle&White - 03.12.94) Ruben & Amy (Red&White littermates 15.09.98) Bo, Tess and Rebel in our hearts.
AgilityBoxer.Com

Boxer Crazy

Boxer Booster
We have more toys than I care to count around our house and in the yard. I would guess around 20 - 30 perhaps even more. We have a toy basket too - with handles - like you see in stores to carry a few smaller items. It is always overflowing now so I think a toy box that is bigger is a needed.

------------------
Keisha - March 8/98 - female plain brindle with cropped ears
Travis - May 14/00 - male flashy fawn with natural ears.
Sammie - approx 11 yr. F/S Beagle X
Riley - March 8/97 - F/S tri-color, long haired chihuahua

We have a ton of toys. I would say 30-40. We have 2 toys backets. One in the rec room and one in the living room.

We buy toys at Good Will or the Salvation Army. We are able to buy 10 toys for $5. The dogs tear them apart just like the do to the dogstore toys and we can afford to have a large varity tp choose from.

------------------
Brutus & Amayas Mom
Brutus 9/23/99 Flashy Fawn
Amaya 3/22/00 Flashy Brindle

Status
Not open for further replies.