How hot is too hot???

Status
Not open for further replies.

kit02

Super Boxer
Loke said:
Loke was stung and had a reaction while I let her out while I was home, if I hadn't been here she would have died.
The same thing happened to Owen. We were home, Owen was outside and got stung by a spider. He had a very severe allergic reaction to this bite and had to be rushed to the vet. If we weren't there he would have died.
You can take all the precautions possible and puppy proof everything you can think of but there is no way to avoid something like this happening.
What about leaving him in the kitchen or getting a dog sitter?

alnuch

Boxer Pal
You guys have all given me a lot to chew on before I give it a shot and leave him out for the day.
I really need to work with him a little more and see what his tolerance to heat is. He's barely 3 months old and seems to change his behavior ( for the crazier!!) each day. We'll see how it goes.

Thanks for all the advice!!

By the way... At what age did your pups start to peak and level off at their craziest? Cassius seems to get more bold and hyper by the day.

rog1006

Completely Boxer Crazy
3 yrs old is usually when they calm down a bit. I don't even leave a 18 month old boy alone in my house for fear that he'll swallow something that is harmful and I would never know until it's too late...

AGAIN---3 months old ANYWHERE unsupervised (unless in a crate or puppy-proofed room) is a very bad idea...VERY glad you're re-thinking it!!

Christine
Boxer Luv Rescue

iluvmaxie

Boxer Pal
I agree with everyone. I would never leave my Maxie outside all day and it has nothing to do with the heat. It just wouldnt be safe.

Luckily, i have been blessed with a well behaved dog. Maxie is 5 and she has had run of the house while im at work for the past 4 years now.

I know the crate is safer but i cant stand the thought of her being locked up in a cage for 8 hours.

Linda

lorishields

Boxer Booster
alnuch said:
By the way... At what age did your pups start to peak and level off at their craziest? Cassius seems to get more bold and hyper by the day.

My first boxer Stoli, calmed down at 11.5 years old when he had to be put down due to laryngial paralysis complications. In other words, he NEVER calmed down! Was a pup and a goof ball until the very end. Was a chewer until he was 3 years old and needed a crate refresher at 7!! Why get a dog if you're going to leave it outside? A dog should be part of the family...an INDOOR family! smashicon

Lori

Status
Not open for further replies.