1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How His Boxer Caught my eye...

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by SprocketMom, Apr 2, 2010.

?

Would you talk to a member of the opposite sex out of interest in their dog?

Poll closed May 2, 2010.
  1. Yes, I do the "what a cute puppy" line all the time.

35.7%
  2. No, I'm way too shy for that.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Depends on the dog.... and the owner.

64.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SprocketMom

SprocketMom Boxer Buddy

Hello!

I have been a boxer-mommy/lover for many years. If you browse through my pics you will see Sprocket, Ginger, Caseopia and other boxers that either came through our rescue in SC, or were owned by me. I love love love the breed and I proudly tell people I "speak" boxer. lol

After my divorce in 2007, I had to let my Sprocket live with my former husband (my daughter was with him as well, so Sprocket would be in good hands)... but it killed me to part with not only my daughter, but my best friend, Sprocket. I miss him so, and I still ask after him everytime I speak to my little girl. My heart was broken like you cannot imagine.
    I lived in Hawaii for a few years, then moved back to the mainland on a whim in December. I found my home here in Washington state and set about the business of starting life over again. I even browsed the personal ads one evening out of boredom/ curiousity. They were all the same, ads for the cute guy who wants the skinny, blonde, perfect girl. lol (Of which, I am none.) When I opened an ad that had the heading of "Looking for Love"... ehh, sure, I will give it a look.. probably another wierdo looking for ms. wierdo. lol When I opened that ad, there was the most handsome, brown eyed, brown haired... BOXER. His eyes were so sweet almost as if to say "Please write my daddy, he has resorted to placing pics of me on his personal ads." lol

I did respond... I had to ask if that was his boxer or not.. you know. lol After hiding behind the alias of "Boxer Mommy" and he "Boxer Daddy" for days, I finally revealed my real name as well as a photo of the not so canine me. lol Fast forward to today... It is rainy outside and I am in here having a cup of coffee... Chopper (that was the cassanova/decoy pic on the ad) is at my feet and his brother, a black lab mix named Stiffler, is sitting here too.
    I towel dried them after thier morning run in the rainy front yard. lol They are both so precious and loving to me. Its like they just know how empty your heart has felt for so long and all they want to do is fill it back up for you. You know?

Chopper's Daddy and I will be married in January 2011. Just when you think all is lost, God hands you a gift and says "go ahead, open it... its just what you asked for". I thank God for my Boxer Daddy, and my two furbaby-boys, Chopper and Stiffler. I recently posted something on my other online site that read,"The best moment in human life is when you finally realize that all the heartbreak and pain was worth it."
    I admit, as cheesy as it may seem, Boxer Daddy is simply the male version of me. lol We act alike, laugh at the same jokes, love music and love our animals. He is my wish come true. Funny, isnt it.. how the love of a breed can bring two people together to find we have so much more in common than we ever could have imagined. Oh and Chopper sleeps next to me, snoring in my face at night.. but you know what, I am ok with that.

I have been a member here on BW for a long time and I still love this site, it holds my friendships with other boxers, as well as photos I have long since forgotten. People who understand how the love of a dog can transform their world are here. People like me.

2. moburda

moburda Boxer Booster

What a wonderful story. Nothing like a boxer to bring people together.lovicon

3. GDOGS1

GDOGS1 Boxer Insane

Wow,only a Boxer could do all that

4. bawlinkids

bawlinkids Super Boxer

That was a fantastic and heartwarming story. Congratulations on your new life.

5. djheitz

djheitz Boxer Insane

Boxers, the foundation to a solid marriage :D

6. Cami

Cami Boxer Insane

Boxers=LOVE.....on so many levels.
    I am so very happy that you have found not only your human love but love in the form of another Boxer as well.
    Wonderful story. Thanks for sharing.
    Congrats on the upcoming nuptials!
    Please tell us the Boxer (and friend) will be included in the ceremony!

7. Cheeky Evie

Cheeky Evie Super Boxer

I love reading stories like this, and what a fabulous story yours is.

Congratulations on your coming marriage. :)

8. Althea

Althea Completely Boxer Crazy

Beautiful, funny story -- thank you for it! And congrats on finding a new life and boxer to cherish! That is a romance story waiting to be written...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.