How high (in feet) are your fences

Status
Not open for further replies.

Des11

Boxer Booster
I am getting a fence installed and wanted to know the average height for Boxer adult owners.

Can you let me know what a safe height is.

Thanks

alisonCO

Boxer Booster
We have a 6 foot wood fence. Our boxers aren't jumpers (and they are never left outside alone), but I have seen an adult male boxer jump (or climb) a chain link fence.

KC

Super Boxer
Mine is 6 feet - to no avail. Bailey can get out whenever she wants - though so far, she only climbs up and looks out. In my opinion, there is no "safe" height. Your boxer will either be an escape artist or she won't. If she is, no fence is gonna be tall enough to stop her!:D

Aimee

Boxer Insane
I also have a 6ft privacy fence for my crew. I believe 6ft is the average height for boxers.

trudy

Completely Boxer Crazy
mine is only 4ft high, chain link, trudy went to jump it one day, crashed into it, it shook and clanged and she hasn't gone near it since...but if i had a choice I would feel much better with a 6ft privacy fence.

jrodriguez42

Boxer Booster
We have 6 feet around the yard and the dog run area is about 4ft high. They haven't gotten out yet but I am going to give Jack 6 months and I am sure he will clear it. I already take his collar off cause he's a jumper. I would go for 6ft.

JulieM

Boxer Insane
My next fence will be a 6-ft. wood privacy fence with a 3-ft. wide shelf around the inside perimeter about 6" from the top. I *think* that will keep them in the yard ;) The 6-ft. wood privacy fence by itself doesn't - I have one (of five) that can get over it. The other four don't, have never tried - they never even tried to jump the 4-ft. chain link fence.

Aimee

Boxer Insane
Lexi did meet the meter reader eye to eye over the 6 ft privacy fence in our old house one time, but has never attempted to jump the fence. We know our gazelle could clear the thing if she wanted but she never attempts to. She does however try to squeeze out under the utililty gate:rolleyes: Now I have heard of people using chicken wire around the top of their fences to keep their dogs from jumping over--anyone use this with success?

NJBOXER

Boxer Buddy
We have a 6-7 foot fence which contained my Golden retriever for 14 years. However he never tried to escape from anywhere. We'll see how the new boxer does.

monty'smum

Completely Boxer Crazy
I really wouldn't like to put a measure on how high a boxer can jump

Monty fools us....he has to be lifted into the boot of the car...he will put one paw up but then I have to heave him in. However only yesterday he jumped a 6 1/2 foot wall.....I was out in the fields and picked up a stick and tapped the top of the wall to get his attention.......he came flying and simply lept up onto the top of the wall and stood there wobbling trying to balance on the loose slabs of stone....boy did it scare me....he lept back down but that was more frightening...I was terrified he'd break a leg.
Thats the last time I do that silly thing again.

Status
Not open for further replies.