• I use a dremmel

Votes: 29 23.4%
  • They are so active they do it by themselves

Votes: 28 22.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dremmal here

I use the dremmal on Cookie. She has always been very good about it and useally just lays there sleeping while I work on her nails. I rarely have to do her back feet as she keeps them fairly short doing burns at the dog park. :LOL:

On a side note, when Cookie was spayed last December a Vet Tech trimmed her nails with regular clippers. They were so short that they must have bled terribly when they were done. Since I have used this Vet there has been a stnding order for them NOT to trim her nails since I do them myself. Needless to say the staff got a royal tirade from me when I took her in for her post-op check-up. :mad: Now when I go to dremmal her right front nails she pulls away slightly, until I reasure her that Mommy won't hurt her. It shows me that even though she was under anesthesia when it was done, they must have hurt when she woke up.

Jennifer & Cookie Monster

HD_Cruisin8

Super Boxer
We use a dremmel for Paisley's nails. I don't own a dremmel so I borrow my neighbor's at times to do her nails. Sometimes we take Paisley to her breeder's house and they groom her for us, they use a dremmel to do all their boxers' nails too.

jesster980

Boxer Booster
Dremmel

I use the dremmel on Kikka. It took me a while and a lot of treats to get Kikka to let me grind her nails, but now she does fine. There is a site of a lady who explains how to dremmel your dogs nails. She has dobermans. The site is www.doberdawn.com

Mama_Zookeeper

Boxer Insane
Dremmel

We love the dremmel. Rocky rarely needs to be trimmed...our walks seem to keep his nails under control. Mia the boston constantly is in need of a trim. She hates her nails being done and shakes like mad, but the dremmel is the quickest way to do the job so she can go away and glare at us accusingly!

Dora & the Zoo Crew

M&M'sMaMa

Boxer Buddy
We rarely ever do Metal and Magnolia's nails because they are so active but when we do them we use the dremmel and it works great. They don't seem to mind it too much, and i'm not so worried that i will cut the quick of the nail.

rbethel

Boxer Buddy
We have two boxers, Ernie the senior and NA the young deaf princess. Doing there nails was a wrestling match until I found out about using a dremmel. Both seem to love it, and I'm done much quicker.

jezebelle's nails get dremmeled also. (is dremmeled a word?) i dont have to do it often, because we live in the city, and are always walking on the sidewalk.
she hates the regular nail clippers...she could smell them when i got them out (before seeing them) and she'd run away. she puts up with the dremmel pretty well.

MARNOLD

Boxer Booster
I use the siccors, All i have to do is get the cutters out and sit on the floor and Lexie will come over and lay down. I just roll her over on her back and she'll just lay there for me. When i'm done she always gets a treat for being a big girl.

blurble33

Completely Boxer Crazy
we are weird i guess,, my furbabies have their own set of human toenail clippers. it was a lot easier on us when buttercup was a pup to cut her nails with it b/c we could see the quick better and we have NEVER clipped either of the girls quicks before. they don't pull away from the toenail clippers either they just lay there and let us clip.

I use the scissor type clippers. Hailey's nails (for some reason) never need clipped. Jasmine used to give me a fit. I caught on to the fact she enjoyed putting her front paws on the washing machine when dh was doing laundry. I took advantage. I put treats towards the back of the washer then clip a nail - give a treat, clip a nail - give a treat, etc. until i was done. Now she does real good. If I catch her when she's out sunning she will just lay there until I'm done. I did purchase a dremmel for that purpose, but just have done it yet. It just seems quicker to whack the suckers off. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.