I've recently joined BW and use a simple little, free, program to view and manage my pics. Its called "IrfanView" and is available from Cnet.com. Click here to get to program IrfanView
Its a free download. There are many nice features available, but to quickly see my pics, resize them and to make them ready to download to BW:
1. Open program, select File, select Thumbnails.
2. Open the file where your pics are kept (this will display all your
pics in thumbnails).
3. Double-click the pic you want, select Image, select
Resize/Resample, at lower left select '640 x 480'.
4. Select Save As and use a new filename if you want to keep
this smaller pic and its original size (or save it under same
filename if this doesn't matter).
5. You can also do lots of other edits (crop, brighten, darken,
sharpen, etc...) if you want.
6. Bam! Pic should be perfect size for downloading on BW.
This program is much easier to use than many of the other 'fancier' programs out there, and its free!! You can also set up a slideshow for your pics.
I hope my directions above doesn't scare anyone off. It may seem difficult, but once you download it and play around, its really quite easy! Good luck!!
disclaimer: of course, this is only if you already have the pics loaded onto your pc. If not, that's a different issue altogether!
p.s. if the link above doesn't work, then go to cnet.com and search for "Irfanview".
Thanks for the great information Jon and Victoria - I had been trying to resize my pic for what seems like forever, but couldn't get it done (except to spend $45 to get an update for the program I was using). I tried IrfanView and it was FREE, EASY and IT WORKED!! Check out my boy Brutus!!! Thanks again!!