1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I get a shiny coat

Discussion in 'Boxer Anatomy and Physiology' started by kjames7148, Feb 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heidiho

heidiho Super Boxer

I also was feeding Nutro until my furbaby developed pancreatitis. Now it is Hill's/Science Diet W/D. I thought he had a nice coat while on Nutro but it was nothing compared to what it is now. He has a beautiful coat. A friend of mine is going to college to become a vet tech and she told me over the weekend that they did dog food tests. They disolved food in water and found all sorts of things. The worst food was Kibbles N' Bits. Had hair particles floating around, along with other things I won't go into. The best was Science Diet. I would suggest this food over all others.

2. Loki

Loki Boxer Buddy

We're a Nutro family here. So far I have no complaints and Loki's coat is bright enough to stop traffic .No other supplements or anything. Dont forget to practice the the other things too like regular brushing. Oh and I have no idea if this is helping at all, but I read that the natural oils from your hand transfer to their coats so I do that a lot. In any event, Loki does get a lot of compliments on his coat. Thanks for the heads-up concerning some affects Nutro has had on some of your dogs and I'll have to keep an eye out for them. But as for now, we're sticking with a winning plan.

3. popps

popps Boxer Booster

Coat/Nutro, etc...

I feed Bella Nutro, and supplement one meal with one egg each day.
    Sometimes, I'll mix in plain yogurt, which she loves.. but gives her a little upset tummy sometimes. When I stick to moistened Nutro and one egg per day, her stools are picture-perfect. (well, as far as stools go. :)
    Couldn't be happier with Nutro. I feed her twice per day, and as long as she gets out to go potty when she needs to.... gas is minimal. (bad when it does show up, of course.. but minimal)

Her coat is very shiny. I think the egg supplementation might have something to do with that. I also use an all-natural shampoo with cocconut that smells great, and seems to help her coat. Over-washing a Boxer can take away shine, too.. so be careful with that.

Otherwise, a certain percentage of that is just genetics. Just like people... some people have good hair, some don't. My dog got the good hair in my family. :)

4. KELLY W

KELLY W Super Boxer

We feed Muggsey Nutro, and he is very soft and shiney. Everyone always compliments him on his coat. We have also started feeding our 3 cats Nutro and they are now as soft as silk. I cant believe the difference it made. One of our cats used to throw up almost everyday before, and now that they are on Nutro, she only does it maybe once a month.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.