1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How big will my boxer puppy get????

Discussion in 'Boxer Anatomy and Physiology' started by sadieDuke, Apr 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sadieDuke

sadieDuke Boxer Pal

Sorry I'm a new boxer mom, well I've had him since he was 6wks. He is now 7 months(tomorrow).
    We weighed him yesterday he is 60lbs, and 23 inches to his withers of his back.
    I feed Diamond naturals large breed puppy.
    So I really am wondering how big he is going to get. I know all dogs are different but many of you have boxers and know more than I do.

Thanks for any advise

2. tmschult

tmschult Boxer Booster

Hmm I think the average weight for adult male boxers is 70-80 lbs. Don't quote me on that though, My male boxer weighed 50lbs exactly at 7 months. So your guy may be on the larger size. Hank wasn't the largest of his litter though, there was one pup that was a monster. wasn't the runt either- just not a very big pup.

3. sadieDuke

sadieDuke Boxer Pal

Duke was the last born and the biggest. He weighed over a lbs more than all the other pups at 6 weeks.

Thanks for writing me and giving me your info.

We weighed him sunday which would have been about 7 months and he was 60lbs

To my understanding he still has some growing to do, until about 1 1/2 years, just trying to decide how big he will be

4. tmschult

tmschult Boxer Booster

He might be a big guy! I've also heard they don't completely fill out until about 3.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.