1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Honeymoon

Discussion in 'Tourism & Travel' started by trudy, Feb 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trudy

trudy Completely Boxer Crazy

I am getting married in Sept. anyone have any ideas for a Honeymoon? Something relaxing yet fun...and in the states, only thing we can come up with is the Florida Keys, anyone else have any thoughts.

2. vaboxer

vaboxer Completely Boxer Crazy

I had the perfect idea until I read "in the states"

Hmmmm....what about Vegas? New York City? Atlantic City? Those are fun places...does it have to be beachy?

Im getting married next February in St. Lucia...but that's in the Carribbean...

Outer Banks of North Carolina are great...VERY relaxing...and there are a lot of things to do there...we go every year.

I hear great things about Myrtle Beach too...

Savanah, GA is nice...if you like country music then Nashville!

Im just throwing them out...hope you find a great place! Luckily, ours is included in the wedding:D

3. BRIDGIT

BRIDGIT Completely Boxer Crazy

What day are you getting married? I am getting married Septemner 7th, 2002!! I can't wait. We haven't decided on a honeymoon destination either but we will probably end up going to Florida. Are you thinking West or East coat?

4. trudy

trudy Completely Boxer Crazy

I'm getting married Sept 21, we are thinking east coast, only because I am just a major freak on air planes i don't think i'm ready to do a 6 or 8 hour plane ride, 3 or 4 tops, i can do....Definately thinking of Florida, want something beachy but yet a bit exotic, i mean no offense to everyone but i don't want to be on a beach surrounded by 900 people that look like my grandmother......That's why we were thinking the keys, key west, key largo, i just don't know anything about them...

I guess that's one more thing I have to research!!

Well Bridgit good luck on your big day, i have a feeling that Sept will be here before we know it...Trying to get prepared, although everything that i can do for now is done (except video person) but it just seems like there is still soo much left!!

Keep me posted on your plans, it's always fun to talk (vent) about the wedding!!

5. Mommyof3kck

Mommyof3kck Boxer Booster

Orlando Florida is gorgous!!!! Sea World is there.. My hubby and I honeymooned in Daytona.. That's a really fun place and within an hours drive of Orlando.. There are TONS of things to do in both places.. whether you want to just relax or party..

6. lquenne

lquenne Boxer Booster

Congrats to all the brides to be. I will be getting married on April 28, 2002. We have booked a Disney Cruise. Three days in Disneyworld the four days cruising the Bahamas. Fun in the sun. I just can't wait. I would vent about all the work planning the wedding has been, but if i start this will become a really long post. It has been far more work then I thought it would be. I am just glade the day is almost here and all the plans are now finalized. Best wishes to all.

7. MandyMom

MandyMom Completely Boxer Crazy

Hubby and I just got married in June of last year. lovicon We got married in Vegas, spent the weekend there and then a week in Destin, Florida. Florida was a blast(so was Vegas!) We are going back to Florida this year and taking my 3 yr old daughter!
    Congrads!

8. Peggy G

Peggy G Boxer Insane

Never been but heard the Keys are great!

There is also a place called Kiawah Island in South Carolina. I have never been their either BUT have heard its like a tropical resort where you dont even feel like you are in the states. Very romantic. Horseback riding on the beach, etc. Here's the link

http://www.kiawah-island.com/home.htm

9. kjames7148

kjames7148 Super Boxer

If the length of the flight is the problem, have your considered Mexico? There are tons of beautiful places to go there (and only a coupld of hour flight, depending on where you go). Mexico is also a good value for your buck!!

Good Luck and congrats to all. I'm also a newlywed. Married Nov 5th on Wailea Beach in Maui, Hawaii (barefoot)!! It was the best.

Karen

Bonnie, 1/5/02, brindle girl w/black mask and white socks
    Clyde, 12/25/01, big fawn boy w/black mask.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.