histiocytoma again

Status
Not open for further replies.

maiseymo

Boxer Pal
hi all i am due too take "maisey" for her annual booster jabs today. & she as developed another histiocytoma the first one was on her left side of face below the ear. we showed the vet this one about 6 months ago & it was decided to check every 2 weeks with vet. After 3 visits it still remained & vet said lets remove it. When the day came round i decided to cancel and give it a few more weeks. gradually it vanished all by it self it did take about 3/4 months tho & no sign of it at all now. Then sadly another small pimple like mark appeared the other side of face & as turned into another histiocytoma i have not showed the vet this one it as been there 2 months now. i am pretty certain it will vanish as the other one did but what do i say to my vet when they notice it. i really dont want "maisey" to have surgery as she never had the best start breaking her leg at 12 weeks old & having to have metal pins inserted i really could do without more surgery for my poor baby but of course i do want whats best for her. Any advice welcome thanks!!

Net45582

Banned
I would let the vet do a needle biopsy to make sure it is a histio.If it's not bothering her then wait and see what happens. If it starts to change and or bleed get it removed.

maiseymo

Boxer Pal
thanks for the reply the vet as suggested give it a few weeks & gave her a good check over after her jab & said she was perfectly healthy just keep my eye on the histiocytoma thanks once again

Burton'sMa

Boxer Booster
I know how you feel....my boy had an ACL very young (7mo.) when he began playing on the stairs (with himself) and fell.....we still feel badly b/c we felt we should have known better and kept the stairs closed off to him.....anyhow, he is now 4 1/2 yrs. old....he has had the histocytomias (sp?) too....he has had around three.....only two were removed b/c they were located in spots that he would tear and they would bleed....between his toes....one on his elbow.....the other high on thigh (not removed)......we waited about a month or two and they did not go away....but the vet said he would only recommend removal if they were located in a place where they would make the dog uncomfortable or be torn and opened....the first two were the third was not...anyhow, I read up on the histo...and they are very common in Boxers....my boy also has two warts...which I thought was wierd...since he is a spoiled house boy and when he ventures in the backyard it is clean and nice for him also.....but I guess they can get warts too?? (although no removal necessary for the warts).....anyhow, just to make you feel better....our boy has had a few surgeries too.....and we are hoping for a long period of no problems for him as well......

Status
Not open for further replies.