High School Reunions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chewy's Mom

Boxer Insane
Originally posted by Linda/NJ
Chewy's Mom: I think it is absurd too that I can't bring my spouse. Could it have anything to do with going to an all girls Catholic High School? They never allowed it ever, so weird.:rolleyes:

That might have something to do with it. Or maybe the girl who planned it never got married and doesn't want to be the only one to show up without a spouse. Bitter old maid! ;)

gracie

Boxer Booster
I just went to my 10 year last september. It was pretty fun. I got a kick out of how many people didn't recoginze me at first. Back in high school, I was the girl who wore skirts (I belonged to a "cult-like" religion that did not allow me to cut my hair, or wear makeup, jewelry, pants or shorts)

So anyway.... I went to the homecoming football game, and this one guy asked my friend "who's your friend?" - had NO idea it was me!!

Then at the formal reunion dinner/dance, I wore a sorta low cut dress LOL -- Everyone was like "well you definitly win the "most changed since High school" award!!!

It was fun - I would do it again! (especially to see who got fat!!)

Barb_IA

Boxer Insane
Originally posted by Chewy's Mom
I was bummed, because I was really looking forward to seeing all of the cheerleaders who have gotten fat.

Oh crack me up I just had to laugh at that.:LOL:

I went to my 5th...same people, same clicks. Woo Woo
My 20th was last summer. I didn't go. I'm not that curious to see
my fellow classmates. I still run into some now and then. My good friends back in school are still my friends now. We are just a bit busy these days with our own families.
I have seen the little guys turn into BIG strong guys and I've seen the good looking everyone's dream boy (back in school) get fat and bald. :D
I couldn't wait to get out of high school and away from some of those people...why in the heck would I want to waste my precious time just to see what they look like or what they're up to now? Call me boring or mean if you want.:)

There is no such thing as the "in crowd" after you get out of high school. Some of the popular people turned out to be losers, and some of the geeks are fun to hang out with. My 20 is in 2 years. I missed my 10 because of military commitments, and I'm kind of anxious to see how people turned out. At our 10, they reserved a park and had a big picnic for everyone with their families. Linda, I would go, but don't feel like you have to stay too long if you get bored.

luvfritz

Boxer Pal
Linda - I would go. Go and have a blast. My reunion was poorly attended, only about 20 girls from 100 went. I too went to an all girls high school. It's nice to catch up with old friends - like it's been said "don't feel like you have to stay too long if you're bored." Definitely let us know how the most popular turned out...

Linda/NJ

Boxer Insane
Well, I decided I am going to my High School reunion. It is the day after Thanksgiving, Nov 29th. I am really looking foward to it and keeping my fingers crossed it is not boring. I will let you all know how it was.

Linda/NJ
Ginger * June 4, 1997
Flashy Fawn * Natural Ears queenicon

shaun64

Boxer Booster
I flew down to California for my 20th a couple of weeks ago and had a great time. I went solo (too expensive to flew the whole family dwon for the week end), but a lot of the people didn't bring spouses. Hope you have a great time at yours.

heidiho

Super Boxer
I went to my 5th and my 10th. Had a great time at both. I was quite the social bug in school, however I didn't drink too much or smoke or do other things. I had so much fun catching up with everyone. I would deffinately go. If you don't like it you can always leave. Our 10th started on a friday night at the Homecoming football game. A section in the stands was reserved for us. What a blast. Just like old times. And yes the football jock still looked good. Oh hum.....;)

malinda

Completely Boxer Crazy
I went to my tenth year reunion ( a few years ago) and dragged my husband with me. Since we both graduated from the same class I thought it would be fun to go together. There was only one girl there that I hung out with, no one else showed up. We paid $20 a ticket and left half way through it. My girlfriend and I suggested the next reunion be at someone house so we could avoid the ticket price.

I must admit though it was interesting to see what the "Most likely to Succeed" was doing for a living.

Status
Not open for further replies.