HI!

Status
Not open for further replies.
HI!

Just re-introducing myself.

My name is Carol, and I live in suburb of NY City (on Long Island) with my husband. We have 2 “kids”-a 5 year old Flashy Fawn Boxer, Thor, and a Long-Haired Dachsund, Schnitzy. Our 10 year old Flashy Fawn, Rocky, passed in February.

I am 35, a Wall Streeter by trade/animal lover by heart. I have been blessed to have been able to take some time off to volunteer at a local no-kill shelter, and to spend quality time with Rocky before he passed. That time is drawing to a close in the Fall.

Rocky was a truly magnificent looking Boxer-big, gorgeous markings, champion bred (not just saying this because I am his Mommy). However, he was bred for all-looks, seemingly no thought to health. He had suffered so much, and Thor has arthritis and mild hip dysplasia, and I unfortunately had to learn a lot about pet care, the hard way. I have found success with a combo of traditional vet care and alternatives-like supplements, diet, massage, etc. I subscribe to various pet journals with one from each end-Whole Pet Journal (alt.), and “DogWatch” (traditional-from Cornell Vet School). Of course, I rely on kind people like you and articles on the ‘net. I also have been lucky to find a good vet who keeps up with the latest, does not overcharge and generally works with me.

I have photos posted on MSN-Communities-Boxer Lover’s Website-I found their photo album to be the most user-friendly-allow any size/seemingly unlimited #. Most important, they first quickly display a page of thumbnail-sized photos-no waiting forever for those big .jpg jobs, like on my regular site. THEN, you can click on one and see a big version of it.

I look forward to “speaking” with you all soon.

Then click on "Favorite Photos"

[This message has been edited by Carol-Thor's Mom (edited 07-24-2000).]

Status
Not open for further replies.