Hi from Louisiana

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoose

Boxer Pal
My name is Jason and hello to the forum.

I have had 2 Boxers as a child growing up. Am now 45 and have always loved these beautiful and smart animals. I really just found this site looking for information and decided to join and show off my new guy Zeus.

While riding 4-wheeler deep in the woods here I came across this poor, starving, left for dead, could barely stand, white dog. We both apparently scared the crap out of each other. I didn't know what it was at first, being startled. So I stopped the bike and got off. I called to him and he looked at me for a second. He then came right to me. I was baffled.

I had a relative riding with me, and no way was I going to leave him there so I told my cousin to pick him up and put him on my bike in my lap. The poor thing just fell out in my lap and to my astonishment took about a 4 mile 4-wheeler ride back to the house. Again I was amazed.

Will post pics in the picture forum when I find out how.

It was like a instant connection and like he was so happy to finally be rescued from those woods. I would really like to find the person who did this. But they wouldn't if I did.

Sorry for the rant, but to somewhat finish, Just riding around, I found the most sweetest, lovable and gentle dog I have ever had, including the other boxers I have had, by accident. Life is crazy. Just wanted to share.

Lizzie

Boxer Insane
Awesome story and so glad you found each other! But the poor boy being left out in the woods for dead. :(

Jinnytee

Super Boxer
I can't think of anything crueller than abandoning a dog in the middle of nowhere to die a slow death from thirst and hunger, with no hope of being found ...... BUT by some miracle he was found. You were obviously meant to be together. Looking forward to seeing a pic of this lucky boy.

Gatorblu

Boxer Insane
I am so glad you found the Zeus. I have to say though don't jump to conclusions on how he got there. I agree if someone left him out there they should pay for it, however I know of someone whose boxer took off chasing an animal and couldn't find his way home. The owner was out looking everyday for his pup. Six days later he was found 13 miles away in a national park and a ranger had called the owner to come get him. He was a little thin and had a few ticks but was very glad to be going home.

zoose

Boxer Pal
Thanks for all the replies. He is a really good boy.

To luvmyboy, his name is Zeus. Sorry I don't know how I missed posting his name.

To Gatorblu, because of his mannerisms, his gentleness, even with my 2 chihuahuas, and being house trained from day one, I have thought of that scenario.

I really will never find out though. I guess what makes me most angry is how long he was out there, tick infested, the atrocious mosquito problem we have here, and starving to death,
that someone abandoning him is even a possibility.

The vet said he could have been out in the woods for months the way he looked when I found him.

TyTysmom

Super Boxer
What an awesome story! I had something similar happen to me which led to me have my first dog of my own. He was a black lab/sharpei mix and as a young puppy (maybe 6 weeks old) was left along one of our state highways here in MI. He was found in my ex-brother-in-laws' garage on a rainy day in a box of rags and he was completely dry. My ex-BIL is a mail carrier and delivered to my sister's work. Long story short, I got the dog (Samson) and my sister married the mail man. Samson lived until he was 14; unfortunately my sister's marriage didn't last that long.

Anyway, nice meeting you and welcome to BW from Grand Rapids, MI.

Status
Not open for further replies.