1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi all, from freezing cold Michigan!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Beefie, Feb 4, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beefie

Beefie Boxer Pal

Hello everybody! I'm happy to have found fellow Boxer lovers to talk with! My son and I are enjoying life with two female boxers Brandy (a six year old brindle), and Tai (an 8 year old fawn). I bought Tai from a kitchen breeder here in Michigan, and I rescued Brandy from a pet store in New York (they were asking an outrageous price for her, she was four months old and STILL there! I took one look at her and said "I'LL TAKE HER, just give me one day to drum up the money!"). They are both wonderful dogs, great companions for me and my son. We all love to mess around on my family's tree farm and explore the woods and swamps there. I can't imagine my family without Brandy and Tai. I took both of them to obedience class. Tai acted as if she was "WAY ABOVE any of this obedience stuff" and did everything I asked her to do without any resistance. Brandy did everything very slowly! My son loves to cuddle up with them in the mornings on the couch under a blanket. Now that they are getting older the couch is their favorite spot. We call them V.B., velcro-butts! I'm so glad to have found a place to talk about boxers, my family and friends have heard it all already! Beefie

2. Boxerworld

Boxerworld BW owner Staff Member

Welcome!

Welcome to the board, Beefie :)
    Is a kitchen breeder a backyard breeder? VB is a great nickname. It is also the name of this bulletin board software ;)

Olly

3. Tulsa-Dan

Tulsa-Dan Your Friendly Moderator

Welcome to the board. I'm sure you'll find lots of information and wonderful people for support, information, fun and friendship here.

We look forward to hearing more about your two wonderful boxers.

Again, welcome.

4. Cindy and Lacie.

Cindy and Lacie. Guest

Wecome to the board. I bet your babies just love walking through swamps and the woods, so much to see and explore,

5. Julie Davis

Julie Davis Boxer Insane

Welcome! You have found a great place to find good advice, and hear great boxer stories. :D

6. Kim Y

Kim Y Super Boxer

Hi Brandy!!! Welcome to the group. Nice to meet you and your furbabies. :D I'm in Spring Lake....where are you in Michigan? As for the cold, remember we're on the downward slide to spring!

7. BlissH

BlissH Boxer Buddy

Howdy

Welcome to the board! Can't wait to hear stories about your fur babies! It will be summer soon enough for us, we are enjoying the cool weather here in Texas! Although it is near as cold as Michigan!

8. Beefie

Beefie Boxer Pal

Thanks for the replies guys!

You sure know how to make a person feel welcome! I'm in Reed City Michigan, and yes it's really freezing cold up here. My brother lives in Grand Haven, very close to Spring Lake. A kitchen breeder is someone who breeds for a hobby, probably known as a backyard breeder as well. Yes, my boxers and my parent's Pug love to mess around in the woods and the swamps on our property. It's very funny to see them react to the deer, by the time they realize that they've come across deer, the deer are long gone!! There is a coyote living there as well. It leaves "packages" for us on the bridge that crosses the stream. I have a hard time keeping both my dogs from rolling in it's stuff! There have been a couple of sightings of black bear up around the area, have not run into one yet! Thanks again for the replies everyone! Beefie

9. wendy

wendy Boxer Buddy

Sounds like Brandy & Tai are loved very much!
    Almost as much as we love our Princess & Moose!
    We live in lower Michigan and it's freezing cold here too!
    Princess is almost six and Moose is 8 months.

10. MarinaS

MarinaS Boxer Insane

Beefie,

Hi and welcome :) I am from Moscow and freezing here too so I'm jealous when I read posts from members from California and Texas and other warm states where they brag about nice weather :D
    I have a 4-year old boxer girl. She's flashy fawn, spoiled rotten and loves to sleep with me and my husband in our bed. She starts from a small piece and gradually stretches out and pushes us apart and in the morning - here we are! = she has the biggest part of the bed and we have no space to stretch our legs!! :LOL:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.