1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with my choc.lab

Discussion in 'Other Pets' started by Coco's Mom, May 25, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coco's Mom

Coco's Mom Boxer Buddy

Hi does anyone anyone else have a lab? I have a choc. lab who is 4 years old who I love to death !!, but boy does he have issues!!I have never seen a dog who eats everything he shouldnt.And I mean everything.Garbage and underwaer is his favorite,i have to leave my garbage can on top of my kitchen table,and even then if i leave he will knock it down and drag it thru my whole house,and god forbid you blow your nose,he is right there to grab the dirty tissue,but i have a real problem with the underwear I can not even begin to count how many pairs he has eaten,mostly my little girls,but once i caught him trying to eat a size 12 pair of boxer shorts of my sons, and when he does this he doesnt like to rip them up he just what i call gators them(ever see a alligator eat,just opens his mouth and throws his had back and swallows)thats what bosco does,I had to go out and buy everybody their own hamper,well guess what he knows how to get the lid off,and he just helps himself,we keep all the doors closed so he cant get into the rooms but every now and again the kids forget,and as soon as he sees them come down he will go upstairs to see if someone left a door open.I must say he has been very lucky and has never had a blockage ,as a matter of fact for some reason they never make it to his bowels he can eat one or two meals inbetween and even poop ,but he will always throw them up.I have been told that this is a lab thing,anyone else have a lab that does this?

2. YourFriendDeb

YourFriendDeb Completely Boxer Crazy

HOW FUNNY! :LOL: Sounds like Bosco is a furry garbage disposal!! Sorry I can't help with this one, I just wanted to let you know I got a kick out of your post!

Good luck to you!

3. Lava Linda

Lava Linda Completely Boxer Crazy

:LOL: That's hilarious!!! I hope your little girl gets out of 'em fast, or he might just toss her down one of these times!!!

Have you seen that cartoon, "Two Stupid Dogs", with the big dog that eats everyone and everything, and then brings it back up again, covered in slime??? For some strange reason, that image leapt to my mind.....with your daughter standing there asking, "What :eek: just happened to me?!?!"

4. RileyMom

RileyMom Boxer Booster

I had a chocolate!

I had a beautiful chocolate female lab for 13 1/2 wonderful years. She was a tough one, too, at first! She failed dog obedience school *twice* and she was certainly full of energy! But she really mellowed out by the time she was 4 or 5. I know that sounds like a long time for "puppy" behavior, but she was such a great dog. I don't think eating everything in site is a lab thing, but more of an individual dog personality thing. But I do have to say that the only time I was ever *really* mad at her was one time when we were in the backyard and she found a nest of baby bunnies and before I could get her away from it I watched in horror as she "gatored" one right in front of me! ACK! I first called the vet to see if it would hurt her, and the vet said "Don't worry, she'll be fine. In fact, it's probably not the first time she's done that!) ACK! ACK!!
    But I have to say that I truly love labs. I couldn't bear to get another one when Lacy passed away because I didn't want a dog that I would be comparing to her. Labs will always hold a special place in my heart -- good ones and misbehaving ones alike!

5. wildchild

wildchild Boxer Booster

My boxer should have been a lab

My male boxer is an underwear feind!! he had proabally devoured hundreds of dollars worth of undies. He did have a blockage that scared me to death! He was at the vets house for 4 days. He will eat anything-I mean anything-I've cought him chewing on rocks :confused: !

6. Angel

Angel Boxer Booster

panty problem

I have a Black Lab that is a year old now. Now, Yes he will get in the trash if we are not at home but I never had a problem with underwear. He is doing well in obidience class. But he is a big attention HOG! He is constantly bringing me toys and wanting to play. I find that he doesn't do it as much if I take him for a morning run. I also buy the big nuckle bones from Pet Smart and that seems to occupy a lot of his time. The main problem that I am having with Myles is he is a jumper. Especailly, when I have company. I do not have to much company anymore. But we are working on that. I wish I had some advice for you with your problem. Labs ... I think are one of the more complexed dogs. They take lots and lots of work. Here is a picture of my boy Myles.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.