help with kennel caugh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lola's mum

Boxer Insane
Thanks for that, they've now finished them anyhow as they only had a course for a week. I had read that long term use of Rimadyl was maybe harmful but it's interesting to learn that short term use can also be so I'll bare this in mind for future reference.

Burton'sMa

Boxer Booster
Well, I am an idot.....I called my vet, b/c my boy's leg after surgery and missing a dose of the Rimadyl really blew up......my vet (who is wonderful) said that there was no worry with my boy....so, he is back on it and it has been prescribed for 10 days.....he is doing much better and the swelling is down so much, his leg almost looks normal again.....so, just to update you......sometimes, I guess it is o.k.....I also looked and it said about 2% of the dogs died, but it is extremely scary when you read it sounds like 100's and 100's.....but, I believe the site I went to was www.srdogs.com...........and it talked about a 4yr. old boxer who was on it for 4 days and got pat mal seizures from it.....but it had story after story...some had been on it for years-others only a few days... and I panicked.....anyhow, just wanted to let you know:)

Status
Not open for further replies.