1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with boxer coloration, please???

Discussion in 'Showing - questions and answers' started by dmcmahan, Aug 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmcmahan

dmcmahan Boxer Pal

i have a 13 1/2 week pup that i am hopeing to show. he is out of very nice lines, and is looking wonderful himself. the only prob is that i am not sure about his color. i have asked many many show boxer breeders, and we are all comming up empty. he is fawn and white, but has a charcole "shading" inbetween where his white and fawn meet. i dont know what to make of it, and i nor anyone i have asked have ever seen it before. i know that the only color disqualification listed in the standard is the amount of white, but is this going to hold me back? and how should i regester his color? i am so confused!!

2. gmacleod

gmacleod Elusive Moderator Staff Member

I would suggest registering him as fawn with white markings - it is what he is. :)

The charcoal shading isn't unheard of - I've seen a number of dogs with it (not a clue on name, though I think there is a term for that). I think it is not strictly desirable though, so you'll be taking your chances with that in the show ring (I would imagine some judges may be quite pertubed by it, others not at all).

3. dmcmahan

dmcmahan Boxer Pal

4. ehayes21

ehayes21 Boxer Insane

That is one cute pup! His ears look great. I've never seen shading that pronounced before. Rowdy has some where his white meets up with the fawn, but it's a very thin line.

5. LILYLARUE

LILYLARUE Boxer Insane

I have no input on the coloring but I must say:

He is ONE HECK OF A HANDSOME BOY! What a regal face! I think he should win it ALL!! LOL

6. Sugarcain

Sugarcain Super Boxer

I also have no input on the colouring, but i agree, he is definitely a handsome boy. I don't show, but I would love to have a boxer with those markings.

7. dmcmahan

dmcmahan Boxer Pal

thank you for all of your wonderful comments! i can say that i have fallen head over heals in love with my new boy, and he has realy made a wonderful addition to my home. i am very proud of him. i still am not sure what the outcome will be on his showing. i have all ten fingers and all ten toes crossed that he will be able to. i will be heartbroken if i have the perfect pup in every aspect, except a slight color, but i know that that is why there are judges, and shows, to make sure that there are no imperfections, so i will respect the desion if i am told that he will not show well. he had many other prospects gong for him though, next weel we start obediance, which i am hopeing will turn into canine good citizenship, and maybe venturing into obediance trials. he is well loved no mater his color...here is a pic taken today after removing tape (again), and the link to the album as well, if you would like to look at some shots of him...

http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/itsbowrific_photo/mcmahan boxers/103_3991.jpg

mcmahan boxers pictures by itsbowrific_photo - Photobucket

8. kayboxer

kayboxer Boxer Insane

He is just lovely. I've never seen the charcoal markings before, but actually I rather like them! My mother does obedience with her three shelties and is a judge. I'm considering that with Olive, but you need to wait until they are at least a year to start the jumping and such. We have a long way to go with the obedience too. :LOL: She has her obedience graduation next week! :)

9. LILYLARUE

LILYLARUE Boxer Insane

Ya know, I checked out Lily's coloring last night and she happens to have some of that "charcoal" coloring on her chest where the flash meets the fawn too! Not nearly as defined and artistic as Hemi's though. Never noticed it before. Another uniqueness of Lily to admire. LOL

10. Caney Creek

Caney Creek Boxer Insane

Wow, he's a looker alright :D That first photo you posted of him, absolutely stunning! Never seen the charcoal markings before but since he's such a good looking pup maybe it won't matter :)

Love the pic of him in his crate too, what a doll! lovicon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.