Help - Toy dogs wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linda

Boxer Insane
I thought someone here might be able to give me some ideas.

My daughter is turning 10 in a month. She's decided she wants to start collecting dogs (toy/statute/model type dogs). She has a few already. (They're about 3-4 inches tall and hard molded plastic.) She said any breed is okay, except poodle! ;)

Now I need to know where to find them. :confused:

I found out that Breyer makes a few dogs (along with its traditional horses). I'll check our hobby shop for those.

I also know there are some that are labeled by Pedigree (the dog food company). However, I can only find 2 or 3 breeds and they are duplicates of the ones she already has. :(

Oh, I also know that Mattel makes a few dogs that are companions for Barbie. My daughter has one of these. But she such a distaste for Barbie, she can't seem to get past that. :LOL:

We did find, believe it or not, at the 99 Cent store a couple of plastic toy dogs. There were 2 in the package, for 99 cents!! And... one was a boxer! I went back the following week to get more, and they were gone. :(

Anyone have any other ideas, or do you think I have it covered?

Last edited:

monty'smum

Completely Boxer Crazy
When Harriet was about 7 and totally insane about different breeds of dogs, it was such a delight when a firm brought out a range of collectable hard moulded plastic dog breeds. They were called "puppy in my pocket" and perfectly safe for children over 3 years. You got about 4 different breeds in each pack and each breed came with its own profile and name and ratings for hugability, obedience, intelligence etc.

Harriet saved all her pocket money for these packs and birthdays and christmas they were top of her list. In the end she accumalated about 200 (some packs came with mum and baby puppies). They are still all on display in her bedroom, she must have every different type of breed on earth.
I wish you could find these as I'm sure your daughter would get hours of fun playing with them just like Harriet did.

If you are interested in stuffed dogs, I found a really cool cropped boxer at my grocery store a few weeks ago. He is a flashy fawn, cropped and barks when you squeeze his tummy. If you are interested in stuff like this, I can get info on the manufacturer for you. Also, HallMark stores have had various breeds of plaster dogs, including some really sweet boxers. Thay aren't really toys, but they are small collectibles.

Linda

Boxer Insane
Originally posted by Cubby
If you are interested in stuffed dogs, I found a really cool cropped boxer at my grocery store a few weeks ago. He is a flashy fawn, cropped and barks when you squeeze his tummy. If you are interested in stuff like this, I can get info on the manufacturer for you. Also, HallMark stores have had various breeds of plaster dogs, including some really sweet boxers. Thay aren't really toys, but they are small collectibles.

Thanks Cubby. She does have a fairly good collection of stuffed boxers, as well as other dog breeds. :) I'll have to keep a lookout for the one you're talking about. It sounds cute.

Right now I think she wants to concentrate on the "toy/model" ones that she can play with.

I little side note--a while back I took my daughter to our airport in search of a stuffed boxer for her to spend her money on. There is a dog speciality store there --all kinds of breed-specific items. Not one stuffed boxer!!

We went to the mall, although very doubtful we'd find a stuffed boxer there. We found a clearance table in the back of a shop. They had a basket with 2 stuffed fawn boxers in it (the dogs were about 10-12" tall). And the best part... it was only $5!!! My daughter was thrilled! :D

buddy'smom

Boxer Pal
Wow Linda you were so lucky!!
When my niece was around 2 yrs old we bought her a stuffed fawn boxer, as she wanted to have her own Buddy dog at home to sleep with. She is now 6 and still has her Buddy stuffy. It now sits on her dresser as a memory of him.
Anyway along comes a little brother, our nephew, who has made it his business to steal this Buddy stuffy any chance he can to sleep with. I must say it causes major fights in the household. Alan and I have searched high and low for a Boxer Stuffy for him but have not been successful. Any ideas on where I could get one? We are prepared to pay the US dollars if need be.

Jean

Nifftea

Jean,
I got this cutie at either Petsmart or Toys R Us. I am thinking it was Toys R Us..... Anyway I bought it because his ears were floppy and I love floppy eared Boxers. You might look online at Toys R Us to see if they have them. Good luck in your quest.

buddy'smom

Boxer Pal
TY Nifftea I will check that out. Our quest for one has taken us to Toys R Us to seek one, but I will take a look on line and see they now have one available in Canada.
If they do I may include Garrett in the shopping trip as Jillyan's Boxer Stuffy has cropped ears. However, perhaps with Kailee being natural eared Garrett may be convinced to accept a Kailee Stuffy. Out of desparation we did get him a stuffed Hooch thinking that may solve the problem but NOT! Hooch is stuck in the toy box, and he continues to beg for the Boxer Stuffy. Fingers Crossed we find one soon.

Jean

ElizabethH

Completely Boxer Crazy
EBay is definately the way to go to buy nice figurines (collectibles)! That is terrific she would like a collection! Hope the search goes well :)

Status
Not open for further replies.