1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help! planters wart

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Zannie, Oct 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zannie

Zannie Completely Boxer Crazy

i have tried everything i did the freeze thing and the stuff ya brush on.. anyone have sure cures for this before i break down and see the doc.

2. atlasmom911

atlasmom911 Boxer Insane

I had one on my finger. Tried everything but ended up going to the doctor and had to have them freeze it. Good Luck!!

3. maggiedeuce

maggiedeuce Boxer Booster

Same with me. I tried everything on the planet to get them to go away. I finally broke down and went to the doctor to get them frozen off. I had them all over my finger tips. It was the most painful thing I've ever experienced!! :eek: But they went away and have never come back. Good Luck!

4. Kaybie's Mom

Kaybie's Mom Boxer Insane

I used to have them on my hands and I went to the doctor soooo many times to have them frozen off (which feels like putting your hand on the stove!). And each and every time, they came back. The doctor told me that if they don't get every tiny bit of each one, they will all come back. Eventually I just couldn't go through the pain anymore and went the alternative medicine route. I went to the health food store and asked them what I could try. They gave me Tea Tree Oil....very stinky but doesn't hurt at all.....but I dabbed it on my warts with a q-tip every night before bed and within weeks, I could see them getting smaller.......and smaller.......and then eventually, they were gone......I kept using it on my hands for several months just to make sure. To this day, they have never come back........it might not work for everyone but it's worth a shot, or else go to your local health food store and see if they can suggest anything......

5. Tagsmom

Tagsmom Boxer Booster

I had one on the outside edge of my foot. I used the Dr. Scholl's Plantar Wart remover (little medicated disc with a bigger disc to put over top). It took almost a whole package of putting a new one on every day when I got out of the shower in the morning, but it went away and has not come back. It has been about 2 yrs ago. The one thing I did notice from that was that the skin under the medicated pad area would look white when I got out of the shower and I would work off the white skin. Eventually ended up with a slight depression in that spot of my foot as the wart went away, but it did go away.

Best of luck to you with this.

6. pmari3

pmari3 Completely Boxer Crazy

We went through this a couple of years ago with my dh. If I remember correctly, corn and calluse remover contains more of the active ingredient in wart removers - salicylic acid (sp?)

Or you can try the duct tape method....yes, duct tape.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2002/10/14/health/main525523.shtml

If I remember correctly we combined the two.

Good luck, and don't get it surgically removed unless it is an absolute necessity....it hurts :(

7. tugger

tugger Super Boxer

As I read everyones ideas on how to get rid of warts, I was thinking of my
    own home remedy. And someone beat me to it. It is with the aspirian and duct tape. IT WORKS!
    My hubby had a wart on the bottom of his foot and no matter how many times he went to the doctor and all the stuff we put on it, we couldnt get rid
    of it. FINALLY, someone told us of this remedy. I have used it myself also.
    I told our Doctor what we did to get rid of the wart and he said well the aspirian has the same make of the stuff they use to get rid of warts, so yes it probably works. Also, the duct tape traps in moisture to help loosen the darn thing.
    Good luck with your wart removal!

8. Zannie

Zannie Completely Boxer Crazy

thanks everyone i will try the duct tape,but i'm a little confused do i put it on every morning and take it off at night and do i scrape it everyday or just at the end of the six weeks...
    thanks a bunch

9. tesster

tesster Boxer Insane

Eventually, it will go away, but by eventually, I mean it could be years. In my experience with warts, letting the doctor treat them is the quickest, most effective method. Break down and go. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.